51 Chevy Restoration project

Runtz52

Runs like a turtle with downs syndrome
Reaction score
Been working on my dads '51 Chevy 3100 for the past 10 years, its a full frame off restoration, its not a performance minded build by any means but a true dedication to making this thing as close to factory spec as possible. there are only 2 remanufactured steel parts on the whole truck, the glass is new but other than that all the parts have been restored or are NOS parts. All the body work and paint was done in my dads basement, the beds gonna be goin on next week. enjoy the pics

OP
Runtz52

Runtz52

Reaction score
tell me about it, he shootin for spring of next year, once the bed goes on its just little things like finishing up the wiring, putting all the weather stripping in the windows.

Euro

GM or Nothing
Reaction score
That is awesome! I was just watching the TRUCKS episode yesterday on the truck identical to yours that they were doing a project on, which I'm sure you've seen haha

IDAFC21

WOW.
Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
wow, thats awesome. should look great when its all together!

OP
Runtz52

Runtz52

Reaction score
thanks guys, ill be sure to forward the compliments on to my dad. hes owned this for 25 years and its originally from arizona, yes ur neck of the woods idaf. ill try and keep this updated as we go along

IDAFC21

WOW.
Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
haha, nice. this is a good place to get a car from, dont have to worry about rust out here.

OP
Runtz52

Runtz52

Reaction score
yea, there was a little bit of surface rust on the frame but nothing rotted out, he also has a '50 3100 thats a farm truck from nebraska with about 70k on the odo, all original. this one has been the reference for the green one when we cant remember what went where lol

OP
Runtz52

Runtz52

Reaction score
got some more work done on it, the beds on, got to see it run and drive. any way onto the pics

Drum roll please, 216 Cu. In. and 85 hp of fury

u may notice that there is no oil filter, well back in 1951 that was an option from the dealer, this one never had one so it doesnt have one now

99PONTIACGP

Reaction score
Pretty much what they said :bigthumb: truck is lookin great and definitely update with finished product

OP
Runtz52

Runtz52

Reaction score
thanks guys, really looking forward to gettin her done, hopefully next spring

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom