$500 car for my 18 YO

radioguy6

Reaction score
Looks good for $500 lol. 2005+? 6MT or 5AT? Its amazing how stupid cheap G35s are now. If you take care of them, they will go a long time too.

Ron Vogel

Reaction score
It’s an auto. The car is a pit...will need a lot of TLC. He hit a piece of metal in the road with it. No codes, runs great for sitting almost a year. Power steering is out, but driveable. Think the lines were damaged. It came from Hawaii, so some sun fading on the spoiler. Will need new front bumper cover and fenders.

It’s a guy I work with’s car. Hadn’t even advertised it for sale. He is looking for the title still, if he can’t find it we agreed to cover the fee for recovery. I honestly don’t see us being able to find a better car for the money

radioguy6

Reaction score
It’s an auto. The car is a pit...will need a lot of TLC. He hit a piece of metal in the road with it. No codes, runs great for sitting almost a year. Power steering is out, but driveable. Think the lines were damaged. It came from Hawaii, so some sun fading on the spoiler. Will need new front bumper cover and fenders.

It’s a guy I work with’s car. Hadn’t even advertised it for sale. He is looking for the title still, if he can’t find it we agreed to cover the fee for recovery. I honestly don’t see us being able to find a better car for the money
yeah that's a great deal and should be a pretty easy fix. I miss that exhaust note on my old g35, still one of the best sounding V6's imo.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
Donating Member
Reaction score
Going to be an awesome first car and he’ll get to do some learning. Nice pick up for $500 for sure

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
Donating Member
Reaction score
$500 for THAT? Better make sure he doesn't put it up for sale :rofl:

Ron Vogel

Reaction score
Outside looks ok in pictures...but this is not a car guy in any shape or form. I don’t think the interior has EVER been cleaned. It’s filled with garbage and everything looks like a biohazard. The engine looks like it was submerged. The kid will be cleaning it for a month. I had to jump it because the battery is totally dead, and two tires are flat. I think it’ll clean up nice though.

My kid just started his first job, he’s buying it with his own money. I’m hoping he can get it nice. Will keep him busy. If he sells it for a profit; then more power to him.

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
Donating Member
Reaction score
That seems like a lot more than I got for $500 in 1993. We had a rusted early 80's Cutlass Ciera.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom