• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

5.0 f150's are awesome thread. yeah im talking to you eagle.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
My 2011 F150 runs 14.4 in the 1/4 Mile - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Yesterday the drag strip opened for the first time this year. I was able to make 4 passes and my best time was 14.44 @ 95.75 MPH (governor kicked in right before the traps).
My truck is a regular cab STX 2wd with the 5.0 and 3.31 standard axle. Not having a limited slip was a pain and only netted me a 2.135 seconds to the 60 foot mark.
For next weekend's track day I will have the Boss 302 intake, AFE air intake and a SCT tune all from 5 star tuning ready to go for round 2!
biggrin.gif
:rofl: I told you we shuold have raced at the cookout.... :s00ls::s00ls:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNkkjc0kvcQ

:rofl: and before you say craziness... id still go ecoboost over 5.0... not just for the small performance aspect... but the huge towing gains as well as mileage jump.

when i wasn't beating on the truck this weekend- best mpgs i got was around 12... :fu:

another side note... i do not own this truck, nor is that me in the video... i rented one this past weekend. and it was fun as shit. definitely needs a tune tho. the truck basically shuts off during the shifts.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
We tested a regular cab short bed RWD 5.0 F150 with 3.73 gear last year that was dubbed "Son of Lightning."

And it was less than $30k with Sync and some nice options. I mean, it was useless for carrying anything compared to the other trucks we tested, but damn it was fun to drive.

Saying that, I'd still take an Ecoboost.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info