• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

5.0 Coyote tuning/dyno

Shibby50

TCG Elite Member
Mar 30, 2008
Braidwood, IL
Posting this for a buddy since he's not a forum guy.
He has a 2013 5.0 that he finally started to mod. Got a intake/diablosport tuner on sale for black Friday from BAMA and had nothing but issues with their tunes.
Fast forward to yesterday, they finally refund him. He's been talking to Lund since he asked me who I've heard of and that was it being a LS guy myself. Well, he messages me this morning all upset because he planned on getting an On3 turbo kit a little later this spring. He brought it up to lund and lund said that he won't tune for that kit because of a conflict of interest. So I come to you TCG for help. Any idea's as to a local place in the Chicagoland area that will dyno tune his car with that kit on? Or any possibilities as to remote tuning with someone else that you know is good?

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
Posting this for a buddy since he's not a forum guy.
He has a 2013 5.0 that he finally started to mod. Got a intake/diablosport tuner on sale for black Friday from BAMA and had nothing but issues with their tunes.
Fast forward to yesterday, they finally refund him. He's been talking to Lund since he asked me who I've heard of and that was it being a LS guy myself. Well, he messages me this morning all upset because he planned on getting an On3 turbo kit a little later this spring. He brought it up to lund and lund said that he won't tune for that kit because of a conflict of interest. So I come to you TCG for help. Any idea's as to a local place in the Chicagoland area that will dyno tune his car with that kit on? Or any possibilities as to remote tuning with someone else that you know is good?

Nope, nobody in chi that knows these as well as some of the national tuners. I always dealt with Shaun@AED. The dude is a dick sometimes, but literally the best with these cars. I'd start there. As for the on3 kit, he should work with a local shop to remote tune it once the kit is installed. But there are a few other tuners like VMP and JPC that know these cars in and out that I would trust. But stay with the well-knowns, otherwise risk the motor. These coyotes cannot be tuned like the mod motors of past. Thats why initially, tuners(including lund) were torching the #8 pistons. Thats all known now, and most know what NOT to do in order to keep that #8 intact. Just have him call AED, VMP and JPC to start with.

I personally ran several(probably 30 different revs) of AED tunes, and they were super strong. Not to mention the car idled and drove smother than stock. Aside from Shaun's personality, his tunes are top notch. Easily as good if not better than Lund for the coyote atleast.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• Shibby50
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list