4v swap question??

IZZy

Wheel and tire tycoon
Dec 15, 2007
find a 96-99 cobra motor for cheap, it comes with a teskid block and if you put good internals it'll take almost anything you throw at it.

other than the GT supercar heads the 03-04 cobra C heads are the best flowing but B heads can be made to make decent power

Rotzs99

All SHOW no GO
Mar 16, 2006
find a 96-99 cobra motor for cheap, it comes with a teskid block and if you put good internals it'll take almost anything you throw at it.

other than the GT supercar heads the 03-04 cobra C heads are the best flowing but B heads can be made to make decent power

+1, the WAP block in some of the 01s and Machs are good if you're not going to go crazy. Machs have the same heads as 03-04 cobras. Only Manual machs came with the forged crank like all cobras. If you're going N/A intakes are Mach > 01 > 99.

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
I'm not sure what to do a this point anymore. This 4v swap is getting real expensive so I might go in the direction of a 351 with a 76mm turbo. I can make much more power that way for alot less money. I want to make around 750rwhp

If thats the case just buy one that already done.
I know its fun to do the work yourself but sometimes its much easier and less stressful to just open the checkbook.

strtcar

Regular
Oct 28, 2007
I'm not sure what to do a this point anymore. This 4v swap is getting real expensive so I might go in the direction of a 351 with a 76mm turbo. I can make much more power that way for alot less money. I want to make around 750rwhp

I'm not sure a pushrod is any cheaper. 750 rwhp can be done with both engines, but the way I look at it, you can do that with a 4v motor with a stock aluminum block, that by the way you can pickup for about $200. Stock heads, shit even b-heads and if your doing turbo a lot of guys say b-heads are the way to go. You can pick those up for less than $100 sometimes. You can use stock 96-98 cams, stock intake. You can't use any of that cheap stock stuff if you did a pushrod motor.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info