• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

4v swap question??

aod92

Reaction score
I'm planning on doing a 4v swap in my fox and was wondering what other cars are good donor cars besides 03-04 Cobras? I'm planning on tearing it down and putting a good rotating assembly in it anyway. Also do any other stock heads compare to the 03-04 Cobra heads?

Thanks for any info!

IZZy

Powered by ES
Reaction score
find a 96-99 cobra motor for cheap, it comes with a teskid block and if you put good internals it'll take almost anything you throw at it.

other than the GT supercar heads the 03-04 cobra C heads are the best flowing but B heads can be made to make decent power

Rotzs99

All SHOW no GO
Reaction score
find a 96-99 cobra motor for cheap, it comes with a teskid block and if you put good internals it'll take almost anything you throw at it.

other than the GT supercar heads the 03-04 cobra C heads are the best flowing but B heads can be made to make decent power
+1, the WAP block in some of the 01s and Machs are good if you're not going to go crazy. Machs have the same heads as 03-04 cobras. Only Manual machs came with the forged crank like all cobras. If you're going N/A intakes are Mach > 01 > 99.

hj16

Tasty!
Reaction score
Find a Lincoln Mark 8, any year... they all came with 4V Teskid block'd motors.

aod92

Reaction score
Do C heads come from any other year Cobra?

V

venmousracer

any 93-96 B headed lincoln motor, basically a 96-98 cobra motor minus the forged steel crank. Now the 97-98 lincoln C headed motor is similar to the 99-01 cobra motor with the tumble port heads but with a teskid block. Ed

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Reaction score
I know someone who has a slightly hurt Marauder motor that I will be swapping out in the near future.

04cobrawhine

Reaction score
96+ cobras, lincon mark 8, lincon aviator, panoz esperante, marauder, mach 1.

aod92

Reaction score
Any good forums to check out for this swap?

aod92

Reaction score
Thanks guys! One more question. How much power can you make with a ported Eaton?

04cobrawhine

Reaction score
I made 484 hp and 482 tq at the wheels with a 2.76 upper and a stage 5 port with a 12:1 A/F. probably close to 500 wheel with a more agressive tune.

raresvt

Reaction score
With only 2.76 upper, accufab t.b. and an unported eaton car made 472hp and 469tq tuned by kurgan

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Reaction score
If I was you, I would get a stock Marauder engine and eaton Swap it.
If you have a stick it will make close to 500rwhp at about 12psi and live forever.
That will get you really really low 11's or quicker

aod92

Reaction score
I'm not sure what to do a this point anymore. This 4v swap is getting real expensive so I might go in the direction of a 351 with a 76mm turbo. I can make much more power that way for alot less money. I want to make around 750rwhp

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Reaction score
I'm not sure what to do a this point anymore. This 4v swap is getting real expensive so I might go in the direction of a 351 with a 76mm turbo. I can make much more power that way for alot less money. I want to make around 750rwhp
If thats the case just buy one that already done.
I know its fun to do the work yourself but sometimes its much easier and less stressful to just open the checkbook.

strtcar

Reaction score
I'm not sure a pushrod is any cheaper. 750 rwhp can be done with both engines, but the way I look at it, you can do that with a 4v motor with a stock aluminum block, that by the way you can pickup for about $200. Stock heads, shit even b-heads and if your doing turbo a lot of guys say b-heads are the way to go. You can pick those up for less than $100 sometimes. You can use stock 96-98 cams, stock intake. You can't use any of that cheap stock stuff if you did a pushrod motor.

Bigturbonotch

WAIT AND SEE
Reaction score
351w with a 76 or 80 turbo will be cheaper and all you would need to do is slightly modify your turbo kit you have now if you have questions ask me, if I had to choose it would be the pushrod setup.....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom