• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

🔧 Technical 4th gen F-body drag wheel fitment

IZZy

Wheel and tire tycoon
Dec 15, 2007
I know the subject has been beaten to death and I did a bunch of research on this on LS1tech but still couldn’t find a definitive answer, I saw Pro Stock John Pro Stock John posts on there a lot, hoping he can help here too.

My specific question is about billet specialties 15” front fitment with LT1 brakes.

There is a couple of options for size and backspacing:

15x3.5 with 1.75 backspacing
15x4 with 1.625 or 2.25 backspacing

Most of what I found is about LS1 brakes and how some people needed a spacer and no grinding, some needed both.

anybody know which of these options works better?

Izzy

daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff
330729_910252376724_865639726_o.jpg

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
The LT1 cars only have 11” rotors and single piston front calipers. I doubt any grinding has to happen. LS1 cars are dual piston 12”.

looks like you need a 5/16” spacer to clear spokes but no other issues.

IZZy

Wheel and tire tycoon
Dec 15, 2007
The LT1 cars only have 11” rotors and single piston front calipers. I doubt any grinding has to happen. LS1 cars are dual piston 12”.

looks like you need a 5/16” spacer to clear spokes but no other issues.
The reason I’m trying to find out if grinding or a spacer is needed is because I really don’t want to do either, if I indeed need a spacer I’ll just buy the more expensive Weld RTS wheels that are guaranteed to fit as is.

Thank you for the link but there is nothing specific about billet specialties.

I have not heard back from her yet.

For Welds we used to run a spacer yes.

I'm thinking you don't need them for Billet Specialties, but I never ran those on any of my cars.
Thanks for checking
Billet Speciaties are made specific for 4th Gen F cars and shouldn't require any spacers with stock brakes. No need to grind the rear calipers either.
The rears are F body specific and guaranteed to fit, the fronts are not.

Aron

TCG Elite Member
Sep 1, 2005
The reason I’m trying to find out if grinding or a spacer is needed is because I really don’t want to do either, if I indeed need a spacer I’ll just buy the more expensive Weld RTS wheels that are guaranteed to fit as is.

Thank you for the link but there is nothing specific about billet specialties.

Thanks for checking

The rears are F body specific and guaranteed to fit, the fronts are not.
Hmmm...they used to have fronts as well.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info