3800 4T80E>4t60/65/hd

Great thread, read the whole thing over the last 4 days in my spare time. So much info my head is swimming! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: From what I've read in this thread and the other 80E swap thread, I'm looking for a 4T80E that will be pre-2000 b/c my donor motor & PCM are out of a '98 GTP and a Y code in the VIN for the 3.11 gears b/c I am going to turbo the car. Does that sound correct? I've found one out of a 99 Seville w/ 56,802 mi at a salvage yard 2 hrs south of me for $275. My goal is to put down 400+ whp but less than 500.

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
Great thread, read the whole thing over the last 4 days in my spare time. So much info my head is swimming! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: From what I've read in this thread and the other 80E swap thread, I'm looking for a 4T80E that will be pre-2000 b/c my donor motor & PCM are out of a '98 GTP and a Y code in the VIN for the 3.11 gears b/c I am going to turbo the car. Does that sound correct? I've found one out of a 99 Seville w/ 56,802 mi at a salvage yard 2 hrs south of me for $275. My goal is to put down 400+ whp but less than 500.
For the Riv? DO IT :love:

Reactions: JRuzich
For the Riv? DO IT :love:
Yessir for the Riv! The build plan is an intercooled turbo S2 3800 (donor motor is a SC S2 from a 98 GTP) and from everything I'm seeing it will be more cost-effective and reliable to do the 80E swap than to try to build a 65E to handle the power. I always wanted to build the T-Type Riv that Buick should have done vs just the appearance package they did on the early 7th gen. My intention with the car is to build a cruiser/sleeper that I can enjoy on weekends or the occasional trip.

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
Yessir for the Riv! The build plan is an intercooled turbo S2 3800 (donor motor is a SC S2 from a 98 GTP) and from everything I'm seeing it will be more cost-effective and reliable to do the 80E swap than to try to build a 65E to handle the power. I always wanted to build the T-Type Riv that Buick should have done vs just the appearance package they did on the early 7th gen. My intention with the car is to build a cruiser/sleeper that I can enjoy on weekends or the occasional trip.
I like your style. Buick tried, but they had the same issue that we still have today. The transaxles wouldn't hold up to turbo power. The 80e conversion seems to have been sorted by a couple people, but it's certainly a huge undertaking. Especially in the smaller E-body Riviera, I think you'll have a fun time making everything fit and jive. The 65e would be easier, but probably more expensive and still unpredictable in terms of reliability. Either way you choose, I can't wait to see a build thread.

GTPpower

TCG Elite Member
Jun 5, 2012
Nebraska
I don't really like reposting this because of how immature is was originally done. But, something should be said if someone was looking at doing business with the guy.
Screenshot_20240126_090104_Facebook.jpgScreenshot_20240126_090116_Facebook.jpgScreenshot_20240126_090135_Facebook.jpg

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
I don't really like reposting this because of how immature is was originally done. But, something should be said if someone was looking at doing business with the guy.
View attachment 194949View attachment 194950View attachment 194951
I don't know anything about either party except for the type of work that Brandon does. Brewer is clearly very mad, and his inability to complete a single thought before starting next one makes that clear. It also makes it very difficult for me to take this post seriously.

I'm not discrediting the frustrations, and it seems like Furches doesn't either. It seems like the Jr High girl label is well justified.

Reactions: GTPpower
I know that I've been waiting since October for my oil pan/starter set up and a power steering pump bypass bracket. It's holding up my project and he keeps telling me it coming. He did get me my belt tensioner kit and alternator bracket but that's only half my order. I don't know any more than that and I hate to trash-talk a guy but I'm starting to get frustrated. And I feel for the guy, I'm a small business owner and an amputee too but I've never taken money for a product and taken this long to deliver.

Reactions: GTPpower

GTPpower

TCG Elite Member
Jun 5, 2012
Nebraska

Thread Info