3800 4T80E>4t60/65/hd

Hey all,

I appreciate this thread and the similar other threads with all of its information. After going through I had a few questions I would love your thoughts on. I have a 1997 riv with a built bottom end and stattama T67 turbo kit. I just picked up a 4t80e from a 1996 aurora, vin 9. I feel as if I have read through the majority of the posts about this topic and I understand the changes necessary to mount and mate the trans and turbo. However I still have questions regarding wiring. Would like to retain my pcm if possible, have HP tuners. Would love to hear your thoughts on if this a realistic course of action and how you would proceed.

Thank you all for the thoughtful replies and the encouragement. I will try to get a build thread together when I get a little more time on my hands and make a little more progress. I did grab the aurora mounts and axles. Good call on the banjo bolt. Some follow up questions:

I saw there may be a way to invert the shift solenoid logic with tiny? Attached is what I came up with, inverting the 1B, 2B, 3B, 4B columns.

Turbocharged400sbc Turbocharged400sbc are you still making 3800 to 4t80e brackets? I would be happy to purchase one from you if so.

Screenshot 2024-03-30 182926.png

I haven't checked it but a newer dB file with solenoid logic mapped is out there.

Kids these days have it soo much easier.

I'd have to dig around engine to diff or front trans to cradle?
Yes I feel fortunate for the people that have done the hard work and are willing to share their experience.

Yeah I was referring to trans to engine, seems like I'm in good company. Wouldn't mind a queef or two as well :p

Regarding the gear ratios for the p0730, is it as easy as inputting the correct 1, 2, 3, 4, R gear ratios and drive sprocket ratio? Any other magic needed? Thanks again

Thread Info