4T65E-HD trans issue

UWISHU1

TCG Elite Member
Sep 16, 2004
Hanover Park
I noticed today as I cruised along the car was lightly bucking/studdering. At one point I swore I smelled trans fluid, by the time I got home it was dark. I checked the trans fluid and it looked full.

Any thoughts as to what to look into? The day before I got stuck in some ice/slush and was giving the trans a work out tryin to rock the car out.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL

99PONTIACGP

TCG Elite Member
Oct 3, 2008
Chicago
Real Name
Mike

UWISHU1

TCG Elite Member
Sep 16, 2004
Hanover Park
Gotcha. So is this "bounce" thing what you're car is doing?

I only drove it for a brief moment last night I brought it home cuz i smelled trans fluid. Best I could describe it for now is, imagine driving a manual trans and being in to high of a gear and tryin to accelerate the car bucks until the engine RPM increases. I'm gonna go back out and double check the fluid and take it for a test drive since I have an idea on what to look for.

UWISHU1

TCG Elite Member
Sep 16, 2004
Hanover Park
Weird, so it did it at low speeds (guessing from the manual trans comparison)? Sounds about right tho, but the bouncing thing usually happens at higher speeds, low RPMs @ partial throttle.

I does it a cruising speeds, not at quick acceleration off the line or 1/2 throttle hits.
I'm gonna got back out for a test drive in a bit and I'll report back.

UWISHU1

TCG Elite Member
Sep 16, 2004
Hanover Park
Roger doger. Sounds EXACTLY like what mine is doing.

I'm still driving mine and HARD at that, so I wouldn't be too worried. And my trans fluid is full, but looks like its been replaced with red mud mixed tiny bits of transmission internals.

oh my :noes: these cars are retarded, they like to be beat on. When I drive semi normal issues, when I drive WOT no issues :fu:

Handsome Jesus

A V6? What a ripoff...
TCG Premium
Jun 9, 2007
Carpentersville, IL
definitely sounds like the typical 65E surging thing. my black car does it too a lil in third and in 4th. drive around with the gear selector in 3 instead of drive... it feels so much better.

the other car has 3.29s, so it has different speeds for everything, but I dont think it is as bad with that car. it has a lot less miles on the trans though.

hope it is nothing serious. check trans fluid and thats about all you can do. keep beating on it :D

UWISHU1

TCG Elite Member
Sep 16, 2004
Hanover Park
Well I took the car out for a long drive and just putting along arounf 30-45mph the car shudders (plenty of power if you mash pedal) If you get on it out of the hole 50-75% throttle it pulls just fine, the car idles fine and is responsive. Just when driving in traffic do you notice it lunge as it reaches it shift points.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Might have gotten some snow on the coils or plug wires when you were trying to rock it out. When I just barely burnt through one of the plug wires I would get a surging, bucking in overdrive when the TCC locked up.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info