3800 4L60/e lokar and knockoff dipsticks and the 4T65E

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
Double check your s*** and make sure that the scale is in the proper area.

I had to adjust the gray teflon strip knockoff unit in the Turbo Regal way back when dinosaurs roamed the earth

Recently a fellow member caused me to remember this s*** and that it would leave you underfilled using the 4L60E marks..

To that end.

Double check your shit
It is not to scale but that's what happens when you are using grubby callused fingers drawing on Android version Ms paint

The zero point is the bottom of the case counterbore before it radiuses and necks down for the O-ring seals on the aftermarket style dipstick.
You would measure from the face that sits up against that surface.

Keep in mind the knockoff that we got required me to grind the case of that casting lip around the counterbore....
As well as having the radius the side of the fitting that goes towards the case so that it would sit down all the way against that surface.

Brian's lokar unit didn't require any modification to its body.
20220702_152757.jpg

BrianG

Big Dick Team Octane
Oct 5, 2008
Streamwood
Real Name
Brian G
Thanks for kicking this off James. I finished the calculations against your numbers and my Lokar 4L60 flexible dipstick. Attached are the raw calculations. The result is the following:
Factory full is 2.025" off the tip of the Lokar end.
Factory low is 1.375" off the tip of the Lokar end.

Basically, this puts the full spot right at the top of the flat part of the Lokar dipstick end and the low spot about half way up the hash marks.

Like James said so eloquently, check yo shit!

PXL_20220716_142323902.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info