Mike
das a big bitch

risbp44.jpg

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
Damn, that is one awesome catch! Halibut is absolutely delicious! [MENTION=4971]VenomInside[/MENTION] should try halibut cheeks from that fish market in Seattle if he already hasn't. It is worth it.

they are a really cool fish too. They look like a normal fish when they are really small and actually transform into having both of their eyes on one side and flatten out so they can hide by laying on the bottom and still see everything. Edit...that might be flounder.

RedBeard

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 19, 2009
Windsor, CO
Mmmmm halibut! I hear they taste good, but I haven't been able to try it yet.
Halibut is DELICIOUS. Went halibut fishing when I was in Alaska several years ago, we only caught a few small 15-20lb ones but you get a lot of food from those things and damn is it good. We fished off a small row boat in the Cook Inlet and the drive down the beach to the spot where the guide launched the boat there was easily over 200 eagles on the cliff side.

The fishing guide felt bad for us not catching much and took us out salmon fishing on the Kenai River the next day where we caught a bunch of salmon.

Def want to get back to Alaska some time, amazing place.

ChrisRac

Still not Italian
TCG Premium
Jan 31, 2008
Gilbert, AZ
Real Name
I Think That’s Obvious
I hate everything seafood. Shrimp, lobster, crab, etc... I won't even go near it. Not even salmon. But halibut... OMG... HALIBUT IS FUCKING DELICIOUS!!!! There's a restaurant in Anchorage that serves it beer battered and deep fried and its "nut-in-your-pants" good. I can eat it all day!

I've said it in other threads and I'll say it here, if any of you come to Alaska, I'll be happy to show you around and offer as much help and advice as I can.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info