45-degree Ford boot on stock plug wire

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
The plug wires I have on the GTP are new last year so I don't want to buy wires with bendable boots, but I want to finally fix the #4 wire problem with the Pacesetter headers.

A few of you guys have told me about putting a Ford 45-degree angle boot on the stock wires, so how do I go about doing that? Where can I get a single Ford boot, and what do I need to crimp it onto the wire?

Or can I buy a single MSD boot and crimp it on the stock wire?

I've burned through the boot protectors twice now :picard:

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Now apearing in Hanover Park
Wait, so it's the entire plug wire with boots and everything? Fuck hacking up a stock wire, I'll just do that.

I bought the ones that you put the ends on your self, I just bought the SBC set, because it was $10 more, and I had Three extra wires to fuck with, I don't have the 45* boots, but the ones that you bent yourself, and my pace shitters haven't touched them, or melted them in the year+ that the headers have been there

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Now apearing in Hanover Park
So the boots aren't crimped onto the wire yet, but you have the straight, bendable boots you'll sell with the wire? Or are the straight boots already on the wire?

The bendable boot is already on the wire, just the Coil pack end needs to be crimped on, It is pretty easy actually. But yes, thios is a wire, most like about 2 feet too long, that we cut, and put the coil end on, then BAM, on with the 3800 PAH

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
Protect%20A%20BootRGB300.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info