• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

45-degree Ford boot on stock plug wire

Bru

Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
The plug wires I have on the GTP are new last year so I don't want to buy wires with bendable boots, but I want to finally fix the #4 wire problem with the Pacesetter headers.

A few of you guys have told me about putting a Ford 45-degree angle boot on the stock wires, so how do I go about doing that? Where can I get a single Ford boot, and what do I need to crimp it onto the wire?

Or can I buy a single MSD boot and crimp it on the stock wire?

I've burned through the boot protectors twice now :picard:

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Reaction score
Ok, the two I have are long enough to make a #4 wire, If the Ford thing doesn't work out, PM me, and I sell you a single MSD for cheap : )

Bru

Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Wait, so it's the entire plug wire with boots and everything? Fuck hacking up a stock wire, I'll just do that.

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Reaction score
Wait, so it's the entire plug wire with boots and everything? Fuck hacking up a stock wire, I'll just do that.
I bought the ones that you put the ends on your self, I just bought the SBC set, because it was $10 more, and I had Three extra wires to fuck with, I don't have the 45* boots, but the ones that you bent yourself, and my pace shitters haven't touched them, or melted them in the year+ that the headers have been there

Bru

Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
So the boots aren't crimped onto the wire yet, but you have the straight, bendable boots you'll sell with the wire? Or are the straight boots already on the wire?

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Reaction score
So the boots aren't crimped onto the wire yet, but you have the straight, bendable boots you'll sell with the wire? Or are the straight boots already on the wire?
The bendable boot is already on the wire, just the Coil pack end needs to be crimped on, It is pretty easy actually. But yes, thios is a wire, most like about 2 feet too long, that we cut, and put the coil end on, then BAM, on with the 3800 PAH

Bru

Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Do want. I'll shoot you a PM.

Dasfinc

Mrrrrstang.
Reaction score
I just threw out a hand full of older 5.0 plug wires, you want them for the boots?

Bru

Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Naw, I'm good. Thanks.

1998gpgt

Reaction score
what type of boot protectors are you using? because I've been running that insulation that came with the pacesetters since day one. my #4 wire has not had any problems. and this is with the boot resting almost directly on the primary.

Bru

Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
I used a set bought from Advance Auto. Burnt right through the protector and melted the boot, then the heat cracked the plug wire.

ilikemtb999

I eat dirt
Donating Member
Reaction score
I had a boot protector on mine and was never a problem. The thing laid right on the header too. Was like $5 from summit

Bru

Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
That's what mine look like too. The instructions do say to not let it directly touch the header. Maybe I bought some inferior boot protector. I dunno.

DanJoy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think i have the INTENSE one's and they don't show any signs of burns. They were also stupid expensive.

1998gpgt

Reaction score
I tried to find a picture of the pacesetter shit... but I couldn't. It was a sleeve of black insulation tubing that came with my pacesetters when I bought them new. I have not had a problem with my wires in the 3+ years the headers have been on my car.

DanJoy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
That install kit is garbage. I don't remember mine having that loom.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom