3800 42.5lb injectors.

jk99gtp

Addict
Nov 15, 2008
I ordered some of these, and hopefully will get them in this week so I can install them.

My question is: When using the ICCU, what is a good starting point on the ICCU A/F wise? What should I monitor on the scantool? L-Trims?

I will probably just get them programmed into my PCM in the future, since I need to schedule a time with DHP to get my ICCU timing portion added in also. Hopefully I will be able to do this sometime soon...

Thanks guys.

J.E.T.

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2008
My question is: When using the ICCU, what is a good starting point on the ICCU A/F wise? What should I monitor on the scantool? L-Trims?

I had the same question in my mind with the ICCU. I just ended up setting everyting to 100% and 0 timing advance. From there, I tuned according to uinstructions I gathered scattered around the board/web.
- Set parking brake and put in gear. Adjust IDLE to 0 LTFT.
- Drive and set cruise to 55. Adjust to cruise for 0 LTFT.
- Go WOT and monitor O2's. ADjust WOT until desired 02 numbers are achieved.

I've been monitoring my ICCU like a hawk lately. I dont like the fact that it just dumps +11 degree timing advance for no reason. Not sure if it's a problem with just my unit, or if its common. No one here or the national board seems to be responding to my weak voiced post.

J.E.T.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

No one here or the national board seems to be responding to my weak voiced post.

J.E.T.
[snapback]59531[/snapback]​
[/quote]

TYPE IN CAPS; PEOPLE WILL THINK YOU ARE YELLING THEN!!!

Seriously, I would start looking for a loose connection at the IAT or ICCU that may be causing the timing advance. It wouldn't hurt to check the happy knob with a multitester to see if the steps are at the appropriate resistance.

jk99gtp

Addict
Nov 15, 2008
Thanks guys for the replies. Hopefully it wont be a pain to tune these injectors...

Jet once I get my DHP programmed so I can use the timing portion of the ICCU I'll let you know if I experience any of the problems you are having now. After reading those posts on ClubGP I definitely will be scanning more than usual, just to make sure everything is going well with the IAT being spoofed and timing during part throttle/WOT...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• J
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list