• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

416 build advice

Had an LS3 block new from GM delivered over the weekend and need some opinions on which way to go with this build. As of right now, here is everything that I am throwing into it.
Callies Dragonslayer 4 inch crank
Callies Compstar I-beam rods
Wiseco pistons (size of reliefs or dished is still being worked out)
Coated bearings throughout with ARP studs
Here is where I am running into a dilemma, currently have LS3 heads that flow extremely well but I have buddies trying to push me to the TEA 225 or 235 cathedral style heads. Cams for the LS3 heads are much harder to gauge as there is more experience with cathedral but wanted opinions on which way to go. Goals with the car would be about 500 rwhp with the supporting mods to get there and will go boosted later on for bigger HP. I know I will have to keep compression down a bit but I see enough peeps running mid to higher 10.x:1 compression with great numbers.

Shibby50

TCG Elite Member
Mar 30, 2008
Braidwood, IL
Good cathedral port heads will flow just as good as good ls3 heads. Gm hi-tech did an article on them to prove so with the right cams they couldn't really make one out perform the other.
I would talk to whoever is going to tune your car and spec your cam and see what they prefer to use or have more experience with.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info