Somebody buy this thing
Reaction score
GM Performance heads?

I can't imagine GMPP ever made heads for a 3.1...but I could be wrong :dunno:

daturbosix

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
12.40s at 118mph? wow... that thing must pull hard on the top end.

Oreif

Crazy Little Child
Reaction score
HaHaHaHaHa, a 3.8L crank in a 3.1L engine????

Umm, Sorry but a crankshaft for a 3.8L will not physically fit in a 3.1L engine.
Lunati cam?? Sorry, But there are no aftermarket cams for a 60* V-6 that are DIS compatable. Lunati only makes one cam for the 60* V-6's.
GMPP does not make perfromance heads for the 3.1L.
Yeah it looks like a show car from the pics too.

:bsflag: :bsflag: :bsflag:

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
Super Moderator
Reaction score
400HP and all the hype about the motor... yet not a single engine bay shot?

:bsflag:

andcbii

Reaction score
this is one of those things that is too good to be true.

Euro

GM or Nothing
Reaction score
Yeah he's full of shit. I found this last week and emailed him, my initial email is at the bottom. What a crock.

This car was professionally built by a guy by the name of Michael Cerra in 2003. The whole build cost me $ 42,000 dollars that's the motor,tranny,computer,exhaust,sup,drive axels,ect.......................... I know that you have never heard of a car with a 3.1 V-6 that makes the kind of numbers that this car has mad because this is the only one of it's kind. I have paperwork form GM stating that this is a 1 of 1 noone has ever built a 3.1 400 horsepower V-6 engine since the motor was 1st introduced. I'm known around here as the V-6 King. I own my own company and that's what we do. I've got a 1999 Chrysler 300 M that is twinn turboed and rear wheel drive that puts out 875 horsepower at the crank,and 825ft lbs of torque. So it's true no joking around here. I have all of the blue prints to this engine,and I will go and run the car at the drag strip today to prove my point to you and I will also go to the dyno to get a fresh tune on it and put those numbers up for you and then we will go from there. I don't drag race anymore and haven't in a couple of years and don't have any idea what the car will run now but I can tell you this whatever it runs you will be impressed. My name is Montrece.

I'm interested in this car of yours. I've been around 3.1's for the last 7 years and have never seen one with these numbers. Any time slips or pictures of proof? Thanks. Where at in NW IL? I'm about 45 minutes south west of Chicago.

32vMonte

Car is broke
Reaction score
Wow i really want to see this. Hopefully he post's a pic or video.

Oreif

Crazy Little Child
Reaction score
I know that you have never heard of a car with a 3.1 V-6 that makes the kind of numbers that this car has made because this is the only one of it's kind. I have paperwork from GM stating that this is a 1 of 1 noone has ever built a 3.1 400 horsepower V-6 engine since the motor was 1st introduced.
Oh man this just gets better and better. :picard: So he spent $42K on the drivetrain and got GM to certify it as a 1 of 1 built car??????????? So does that mean that everyone who has a GM car that is modded a particular way can get GM to acknowledge it is a 1 of 1 built car?? :rofl:

$42K on the drivetrain and he does nothing to the rest of the car? Hell it has the steel wheels with hubcaps on it! Bet that helps get 400hp to the ground.

I just re-read the original ad, Um, isn't cam duration the amount in degree's the valve is open with respect to the cranks rotation? So if it's open 336* that leaves only 24* of closed time.
What crank takes 24* of rotation to go from BDC to TDC for compression??????

Hmmm, Maybe I should call CERRA RACING & FABRICATION, 309-793-3278. 2500 4th Ave Rock Island, IL 61201 and ask them if they even know of this car.

DanJoy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
My brother has a 3.1 Chevy Malibu. He's gone this week and i need to do plugs and wires on it. Maybe i'll just get in touch with this guy instead.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
:bowrofl::bowrofl: i need to send my motor to that shop. if he can do that w/ a 3.1L, he should be able to get my 5.7L up to around 1200whp ALL MOTOR, and only for a mere 80 grand!

L36 SS

Reaction score
:bowrofl::bowrofl: i need to send my motor to that shop. if he can do that w/ a 3.1L, he should be able to get my 5.7L up to around 1200whp ALL MOTOR, and only for a mere 80 grand!
Sounds like a good deal to me! Has 42k in it and is only asking 2,500 what a steal. lol

stewartfn18

cammed and lovin it
Reaction score
HaHaHaHaHa, a 3.8L crank in a 3.1L engine????

Umm, Sorry but a crankshaft for a 3.8L will not physically fit in a 3.1L engine.
Lunati cam?? Sorry, But there are no aftermarket cams for a 60* V-6 that are DIS compatable. Lunati only makes one cam for the 60* V-6's.
GMPP does not make perfromance heads for the 3.1L.
Yeah it looks like a show car from the pics too.

:bsflag: :bsflag: :bsflag:
i call bs on your bs sir, aftermaraket cams are available for the 60v6 with DIS. I HAVE ONE. and now as a matter of fact, comp cams are doing cams. the rest is true though

Ron Vogel

Reaction score
GM Performance heads?

I can't imagine GMPP ever made heads for a 3.1...but I could be wrong :dunno:
They did...they were the DOHC head design. They (GMPP) also (still) make dual 115# valve springs for that head that fit 3800's...even have a 1.7 installed height.

I found them a few years ago, just never came up in convo until now.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom