Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
  1. The built in site search. This can be found top right on both desktop and mobile. It works, but just barely. Xen's search is pretty trash imo. You can make it do what you want but it still leaves much to be desired.
  2. The Advanced Search add-on. This can be found at the top navigation (or the pop out menu on mobile), only when on the homepage. This search allows for 3 letter keywords and does work slightly better than built in search.
  3. Quick Search - this is found on the homepage and other random pages, towards the top left of the site (right under the shoutbox). I find it to be pretty accurate most of the time and use it often.
  4. TCG Google Search, found in the top navigation on desktop and the pop out menu on mobile. This uses a custom Google search that will ONLY search our site. Its typically very accurate but it does leave out some recent threads, my guess is because it wont crawl the site as often as a normal Google spider will. Thats only a guess.

giphy.gif

Reactions: DanJ

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
I can't believe I never told you guys this and maybe some of you already know.

The search at the top right has options on where to search.

So if youre in a thread, you can search just the thread. If you're in a section, you can search the section, etc. Works wonders :rofl:

1589428372205.png

Thread Info