3800 4 twelves too much?

smknL67

Regular
Aug 7, 2007
Bensenville
This question is for those of you that like that deep bass in your w-body's. Do you guys think that 4 twelves is a bit too much in a w-body? I got 6 twelves sitting in my room and I'm thinking about throwing 4 of 'em on my Regal. Would that be too much weight? I put 4 twelves in the park avenue and the car does feel a tad slower, but then again that beatch has a bigger trunk....I dunno I gotta see maybe I'll have to settle for 3 tucked in there :eek: , These are punch Hx2's 1000 watts a piece dual voice coils at 4 ohms....and I got a punch bd 1000.1 mono amp to push 'em....Let me know what ya'll think, I even take negative feedback, even if it sounds like your hatin'.....

thanx

paco

alexgtp

TCG Elite Member
Aug 3, 2007
nope.

I had 4 12's in my car when i was into sounds.

2 cadence solo bass woofers for the super low end bass (40HZ and down..)

2 cadence free air woofers for the high SPL bass.

Weighs down the trunk like a mofo but hits super hard.!

And dont forget the mid range and hig end speakers. dont want an all bass car.. YUCK!!

I

imported_1fastGTP

i have 3 10" alpine type R's in mine and i have them tucked all the way in back with the amp mounted on the back of the box which is perfect 4 me u can check it out on my cardomain pagei i didnt want 2 go 2 much b cuz im haven my car for racing as well so i have the set up easy so i can take it out b 4 i go 2 the track but its ur call i wouldnt do 4

smknL67

Regular
Aug 7, 2007
Bensenville
Yeah I just measured the trunk and I can fit the 4 but its a really tight fit not only that but I'd be in the same dawm trouble my lil brother has wich is no trunk space at all :( , I decided that I'm gonna go with just 2 subs on a ported box. I'll throw the other 4 twelves on my Impala...that mofo gots a big azz trunk....I tend to race every now and then so weight is also on my mind....

and alex I'm also gonna throw some 6x9's with a clarion amp ;) I hate it when peeps have all bass and no high's and mid's....

Hopefully this wont' make me a popo magnet :0

chipmonk212121

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2007
if you have one 1000 watt amp........and four 1000 watt a piece subs........just put two........saves room and weight.....then you can design your box better and easily outperform the 3-4 12s......its all about the acoustic layout that gives you the best sound not how many you can shove in a trunk shove em in there the wrong way and they will sound like shit anyway

smknL67

Regular
Aug 7, 2007
Bensenville
Here are some pics of what I'm talking about

DSCN0841.jpg

DSCN0841.jpg

and this mug pounds hard !!!! all installed by yours truly, now all I have to do is finish installing the optima battery

and now heres my hoopty

DSCN0843.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info