WTB 4 Post Lift

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
One thing I forgot, when choosing a lift, you gotta think about many measurements. Most of which have been discussed or covered in one way or another. One I always forget until I put the G8 on the lift, is the track (width) of the car.

Again, have a Bend Pak HD9ST. This version of the HD9 is a narrower lift. I specifically bought it for this reason, to fit in a garage with a single 16' door to facilitate the other side of the garage to still be used by a vehicle.

The one downfall of the narrowness of the HD9 became apparent once I bought the G8. The car, especially with the 20" wheels, is so wide, that it barely clears the cross-supports "bulkhead" area (where the air safety releases are). So pulling the car on/off is a very tight squeeze...

So something else to factor in when lift shopping. Before someone comments, I had the lift years before I bought the G8. So...

20221022_123252[1].jpg

20221022_123315[1].jpg

20221022_123259[1].jpg

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
One thing I forgot, when choosing a lift, you gotta think about many measurements. Most of which have been discussed or covered in one way or another. One I always forget until I put the G8 on the lift, is the track (width) of the car.

Again, have a Bend Pak HD9ST. This version of the HD9 is a narrower lift. I specifically bought it for this reason, to fit in a garage with a single 16' door to facilitate the other side of the garage to still be used by a vehicle.

The one downfall of the narrowness of the HD9 became apparent once I bought the G8. The car, especially with the 20" wheels, is so wide, that it barely clears the cross-supports "bulkhead" area (where the air safety releases are). So pulling the car on/off is a very tight squeeze...

So something else to factor in when lift shopping. Before someone comments, I had the lift years before I bought the G8. So...

View attachment 136709

View attachment 136710

View attachment 136711
The one I should be snagging is the HD-9XW and you can set the outside width at 75.5”-82.25” from what I’ve read.

CMNTMXR57

TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Also, one of the nice things about the HD9, is that it is a "free-stander", meaning it doesn't need to be anchored down. I think many other in this home lift category do the same. However, I HIGHLY recommend anchoring it down... My first time on it (I had the Bonneville GXP at the time) I could feel the movement or "wobble/rocking" as I pulled on... I said "fuck that"

My F-I-L came over with his hammer drill, drilled the holes in the concrete and I pounded the anchor bolts in and then tightened them down. No more wobble/rock.

Reactions: Jimy Bilmo

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
Also, one of the nice things about the HD9, is that it is a "free-stander", meaning it doesn't need to be anchored down. I think many other in this home lift category do the same. However, I HIGHLY recommend anchoring it down... My first time on it (I had the Bonneville GXP at the time) I could feel the movement or "wobble/rocking" as I pulled on... I said "fuck that"

My F-I-L came over with his hammer drill, drilled the holes in the concrete and I pounded the anchor bolts in and then tightened them down. No more wobble/rock.
Yeah, anchors will probably be in the future just for that perspective.

CMNTMXR57

TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
One thing, the HD- 9XW, has 100" tall columns vs, the regular HD9's, which are 88" tall columns. So if you have to clear a garage door over the column, there may be significant issues unless you address that.

As mentioned, I have the HD9-ST which has the 88" columns, but then add another inch/inch and a half for the cable/nut that goes through the column cap that secures the cables.

If you're putting it in a residential garage, significant modifications to the door, opener, rails, etc would be needed. In order to have the garage door clear on mine, I had to lift the opener, add 15" radius's on the etc...

Reactions: Jimy Bilmo

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
One thing, the HD- 9XW, has 100" tall columns vs, the regular HD9's, which are 88" tall columns. So if you have to clear a garage door over the column, there may be significant issues unless you address that.

As mentioned, I have the HD9-ST which has the 88" columns, but then add another inch/inch and a half for the cable/nut that goes through the column cap that secures the cables.

If you're putting it in a residential garage, significant modifications to the door, opener, rails, etc would be needed. In order to have the garage door clear on mine, I had to lift the opener, add 15" radius's on the etc...
I have 128” ceiling height in the garage. My plan is to get the tracks raised all the way and get a jack shaft garage door opener.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info