WTB 4 Post Lift

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
TCG Premium
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
Yeah you’ll have to disassemble inside the garage to get it out. Not the end of the world but plan for at least 3-4 hours of getting it apart and on a trailer. You’ll want a couple buddies unless you have access to a hoist, jacks, jack stands at the guys house. Honestly if you can get a bendpak with the center jack, casters, ramps, in what looks to be good condition, I would jump on it if it’s less than 4k

strtcar

Regular
Oct 28, 2007
Reading all the comments has kept me from buying a used lift, so many obstacles of trying to get it out from someone's house. New have jumped in price by so much...a few months ago The Hamilton Collection was selling all 6 bendpack lifts at his house for $2500ea, that was an amazing deal.

Reactions: Jimy Bilmo

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
Reading all the comments has kept me from buying a used lift, so many obstacles of trying to get it out from someone's house. New have jumped in price by so much...a few months ago The Hamilton Collection was selling all 6 bendpack lifts at his house for $2500ea, that was an amazing deal.
I reached out to them a week after their post and they had already sold them all.

Reactions: strtcar

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
I paid $2,700 for mine NEW about 12 years ago. I saved a little on having it shipped to the freight company they used, facility here in Elgin vs. delivered. Then had my F-I-L with his crane truck get it and take it over to the house.

I can't get over the nearly doubling of price since then.

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
Gotta get your 2 dollas in. :D
Ford Taurus Conan Obrien GIF by Team Coco

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
It's more than shipping and some extra cost in steel. I get those issues, I deal with them every day here where I work.

Again, I paid $2,700 to the common carrier location for my lift So figure $2,500 for the lift alone. The same lift, from the same store I bought mine from, today is $5,300. That's a ~112% increase in price.

That's insane. I'm trying to come up with a plate steel price from 2010 but don't seem to be getting accurate info, regardless, I don't think it's up 112%.

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
TCG Premium
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
I will say there is a value on having a lift for every day purposes. Even though they are pricey I wouldn't wait a few years for them to drop in price if at all. It's one of those tools I wish I bought 20 years ago instead of waiting so long. Buy once, cry once but you always benefit from having one available even if it's for something as mundane like to change the oil in your car.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info