WTB 4 Post Lift

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
Want a decent 4 post lift at my Jew pricing. If anyone knows someone looking to sell, lmk.

Better Off Dead Cash GIF by MOODMAN

• Haha
Reactions: sktchy and greasy

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
TCG Premium
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
Fwiw when I bought mine I went to Greg smith equipment in Indianapolis. This was before Covid screwed up prices but they would sell lifts for a couple hundred cheaper than their Internet price if you picked it up yourself. Something worth checking if they have any in stock and you have access to a truck and flatbed

This is similar to the one I have. I have the ALI certified version but this is pretty much the same. $4400 on their site but you may be able to get it closer to $4000 if you pick it up.

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
Fwiw when I bought mine I went to Greg smith equipment in Indianapolis. This was before Covid screwed up prices but they would sell lifts for a couple hundred cheaper than their Internet price if you picked it up yourself. Something worth checking if they have any in stock and you have access to a truck and flatbed

This is similar to the one I have. I have the ALI certified version but this is pretty much the same. $4400 on their site but you may be able to get it closer to $4000 if you pick it up.

I have a lead on a Bendpak HD9 with the center jack for around the same. But was hoping to try and snag one a bit cheaper, because shekels.

Reactions: CMNTMXR57

Jon01

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 8, 2012
Yeah, would have a buddy haul it with his truck and trailer, or snag my shop truck and trailer. Sent a pic in a message to you.
I bought 2 used lifts about a year ago.
I did not disassemble them at all.
Rather I raised them up, backed the trailer under them then lowered them onto the deck of the trailer.
I then used a floor jack to raise each leg of the hoist up and inserted a 2x4 cut to length into the leg above the deck to hold the legs up and wrapped a couple of zip ties around the leg to ensure the wood didn't fall out going down the road.
I had to haul them about 70 miles like this, I stuck to 2 lane back roads and had zero trouble. Passed a couple sheriff's and a trooper and they didn't look twice.
When I got them to the farm it was as simple as jack the legs up, remove the 2x4's, raise the lift off of the trailer and pull trailer out from under.
Yeah, you're extra wide and not legal, but 2 lanes generally don't get the asshole cops on them and FUCK disassembling and reassembling them. That's a day job that doesn't need done.
Plus, folks will generally negotiate because nobody wants to do that. Then when you drive your trailer right under it and are gone in 10 minutes they're like wtf.

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
I bought 2 used lifts about a year ago.
I did not disassemble them at all.
Rather I raised them up, backed the trailer under them then lowered them onto the deck of the trailer.
I then used a floor jack to raise each leg of the hoist up and inserted a 2x4 cut to length into the leg above the deck to hold the legs up and wrapped a couple of zip ties around the leg to ensure the wood didn't fall out going down the road.
I had to haul them about 70 miles like this, I stuck to 2 lane back roads and had zero trouble. Passed a couple sheriff's and a trooper and they didn't look twice.
When I got them to the farm it was as simple as jack the legs up, remove the 2x4's, raise the lift off of the trailer and pull trailer out from under.
Yeah, you're extra wide and not legal, but 2 lanes generally don't get the asshole cops on them and FUCK disassembling and reassembling them. That's a day job that doesn't need done.
Plus, folks will generally negotiate because nobody wants to do that. Then when you drive your trailer right under it and are gone in 10 minutes they're like wtf.
I don’t think you’d get it out of his tiny garage that way. But that’s awesome!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info