• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

4 modes for traction control?

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
I didn't know this. But as I was driving around the other night I found out as I was rippin the car about a bit, that it wouldn't allow me to fish tail hardly at all before the stability control took over, even with the traction control off... so I did some research. There's actually 4 states of traction control in the 2011 GT that I own... (I guess not all models have sport mode)

default state = traction control ON, advancetrac ON
1 click of the traction control anytime = traction control off, advancetrac ON
(I for the longest time used only this)
2 clicks of the traction control w/brakes on and sitting still = traction control in SPORT mode, advancetrac ON (seems like it allows some wheel spin, but still limited pretty hard)
The best one yet...
hold the traction control button down for 5 sec, w/brake on and sitting still = traction control OFF, advancetrac OFF :naughty:

I'd never found the last option until tonight. :rofl: Oh my the car is a handful with all the tech turned off :rofl:

Anyways, I thought I'd share in case I wasn't the only one who didn't know all these options existed. :roflpicard:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info