4 modes for traction control?

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I didn't know this. But as I was driving around the other night I found out as I was rippin the car about a bit, that it wouldn't allow me to fish tail hardly at all before the stability control took over, even with the traction control off... so I did some research. There's actually 4 states of traction control in the 2011 GT that I own... (I guess not all models have sport mode)

default state = traction control ON, advancetrac ON
1 click of the traction control anytime = traction control off, advancetrac ON
(I for the longest time used only this)
2 clicks of the traction control w/brakes on and sitting still = traction control in SPORT mode, advancetrac ON (seems like it allows some wheel spin, but still limited pretty hard)
The best one yet...
hold the traction control button down for 5 sec, w/brake on and sitting still = traction control OFF, advancetrac OFF :naughty:

I'd never found the last option until tonight. :rofl: Oh my the car is a handful with all the tech turned off :rofl:

Anyways, I thought I'd share in case I wasn't the only one who didn't know all these options existed. :roflpicard:

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
eagle, stop beating on your wifes car, love k j

nick122590

Reaction score
i was wondering why the car hooked so good... guess ill call my buddy and tell him to hold it for 5 secounds next time lol

UWISHU1

Reaction score
I have a drag race tune in my SCT (haven't tried yet) that disables the traction control, advance trac, torque management OFF :eek:

daturbosix

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
so all that shit wasnt off that night at hooters?

oh my.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom