4.6 misfire

machausta

Slow VW driver
Sep 18, 2009
Eastern Tennessee
:fu:

Ok, I'm getting pissed off about this issue.

Driving to work last week the car started to misfire about 15 minutes into my commute, I grab the xcal and it read P1132 LACK OF SWT RICH

So I checked plugs, wires, etc...and pulled the MAF because I've suspected for awhile it was an issue, the misfire went away through the RPM range but the car barely idled. Replaced the MAF with another KNOWN GOOD unit from another 95 T-Bird 4.6. Car seemed to be a lot better the next day, until about 15 minutes into driving when the misfire returned. I drove to work and pulled codes again P1131 LACK OF SWT LEAN P1132 LACK OF SWT RICH

Both codes are HO2S1, so I instantly assume its the O2 sensor on bank 1 (drivers side)

Replaced

Car idled like shit this morning, first time driving since I put in the new O2.

Pulled the ECU fuse, plugged it back in, still misfiring -- P1132 P1131 both returned.

WTF??? :angrys00ls:

machausta

Slow VW driver
Sep 18, 2009
Eastern Tennessee
Ditch the stock exhaust *you know you want to*, Ditch all the cats, Tune out the EGR system and rear O2's if you have them.

If you STILL HAVE cats, You have probably destroyed them with the tune/abuse/headswap/etc on stock nearing 100K system.

What EGR/Rear O2s? They were tuned out with the headswap.

Again I would think the car would drag ass when you step on it, but instead its perfectly fine.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info