• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

3v's at Byron

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
4.10 is to high for a centri imo

That depends on what your goals are. 26" tall tire, 4.10 and 6,500 engine rpm is good for 122 mph. 6,700 engine rpm is about 126 mph. I doubt Jason is looking for more than 122ish anyways.

The issue here was wrong tire for the application OR more suspension, launch and driver tuning is needed.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
4.10 is to high for a centri imo

A gear makes it get into boost quicker. If it was a twin screw like a Whipple, I'd agree but I've read over and over that centi blowers love gears. I honestly think that the car isn't making power. I had a tune issue last year where it was running rich and throwing codes due to a vac leak. My A/F looks good on the wideband, but who knows. If it's making power, the car is just a turd I guess.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
All year you talked smack about how you said you would take me at the drag strip. We saw how well that worked out for you. Are you sure you want to talk smack about a different track? lol

What did the GTR end up running on the last pass? Did he improve some more?

I have still yet to see a timeslip from your "record" run.

The GTR ran a best of 11.9@119

Yeah, I don't want to talk smack as my car might blow up. If it starts on fire, I am good with that.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
Stock shortblock is garbageee...change that and at boost and your golden

The thing that chaps my ass is that there is a guy with a similar setup on S197forum running almost .6 & 6mph quicker through the 1/8. That's with a 3.31 gear too and an auto with stock stall. I ran faster through the 1/8th with the stock 3.55 gears too.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
I have still yet to see a timeslip from your "record" run.

wow I am offended you doubt my word.

There is a video that was posted last night that shows the run as well.

IMAG0140.jpg

Yeah, I don't want to talk smack as my car might blow up. If it starts on fire, I am good with that.

lmao Take the money and run to the dealer for a Boss. I support that idea!

He had to be happy with an 11 second pass out of a stock GTR with no drag strip experience.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
The thing that chaps my ass is that there is a guy with a similar setup on S197forum running almost .6 & 6mph quicker through the 1/8. That's with a 3.31 gear too and an auto with stock stall. I ran faster through the 1/8th with the stock 3.55 gears too.

Throw a slick on it and see what it does. A manual trans is MUCH harder to hook on a small sidewall drag radial.

Teege24

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
Aug 14, 2011
Cary

IMAG0140.jpg

He had to be happy with an 11 second pass out of a stock GTR with no drag strip experience.
you only run 11.9 in that racecar?

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville

IMAG0140.jpg

You even beat me to the 1/8. Not sure why the car is such a turd. It's an unsolved mystery.

Yeah, he was happy with the way the GTR ran. I think it had a little more in it too.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
you only run 11.9 in that racecar?

This was in my daily driver 2011 GT. Only mods are lowering springs, Koni shocks/struts, front runners and slicks.

You even beat me to the 1/8. Not sure why the car is such a turd. It's an unsolved mystery.

Yeah, he was happy with the way the GTR ran. I think it had a little more in it too.

I will bet it is the tires. ET in drag racing is all about the first part of the track. That is where your problem starts. What was that other car's 60' and 330' times? I bet better than yours.

Ya, would be cool to see him get closer to the 11.60 he says some of the guys on the forum have run. I am sure the car has it in it.

Teege24

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
Aug 14, 2011
Cary
This was in my daily driver 2011 GT. Only mods are lowering springs, Koni shocks/struts, front runners and slicks.

I will bet it is the tires. ET in drag racing is all about the first part of the track. That is where your problem starts. What was that other car's 60' and 330' times? I bet better than yours.

Ya, would be cool to see him get closer to the 11.60 he says some of the guys on the forum have run. I am sure the car has it in it.

Thats depresses me even more lol...i need to suck it up and trade my scrap box in

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville

My 60' was a 1.73, which was quicker than the other guy I am referencing.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Thats depresses me even more lol...i need to suck it up and trade my scrap box in

I am 100% impressed with this car. From that ET to the way it drives everyday. They really are great cars.

Guys have gone 10's with stock motors with supporting hardware and tunes. JPC went 10.1x this weekend with a sealed, intake to crank, Ford engine. I assume the oxygenated Shell FTW fuel. But still hard to argue the performance of these factory engines.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
I am 100% impressed with this car. From that ET to the way it drives everyday. They really are great cars.

Guys have gone 10's with stock motors with supporting hardware and tunes. JPC went 10.1x this weekend with a sealed, intake to crank, Ford engine. I assume the oxygenated Shell FTW fuel. But still hard to argue the performance of these factory engines.

I am impressed by your car too. I might just give up on my Three Valve Turd and start looking at 5.0's next spring. I'd like a GT500, but I don't think my other half would allow that.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info