3M Car Care Products

Flatliner

I'm kind of a big deal...
Mar 3, 2004
I can honestly say that I have not waxed/ detailed my car yet :bash: unless you count that detail spray wax I used a few times.

My favorite combo from past experience is:

Clay Bar
3M Finnesse It (Only if necessary)
3M Handglaze (Shine, shine, shine...)
Carnuba Paste Wax (Seal, seal, seal...)

The problem is this... I do not know any local vendors that carry this stuff in quarts, anybody know anyone? I use to go to a place called Keytone in DG, but don't know if they are even there anymore. Anyone?

PS I am not interested in others... this IS MY COMBO! :biggthump

Jack

Admin
Staff member
Admin
TCG Premium
Dec 31, 1969
Flatliner said:
I can honestly say that I have not waxed/ detailed my car yet :bash: unless you count that detail spray wax I used a few times.

Clay Bar

The problem is this... I do not know any local vendors that carry this stuff in quarts, anybody know anyone? I use to go to a place called Keytone in DG, but don't know if they are even there anymore. Anyone?

Any Carquest that carries paint supplies should have all of that.

Jack

Admin
Staff member
Admin
TCG Premium
Dec 31, 1969
Here are some before and afters of my 'notch

I used:

3M fine cut compound
3M Machine Glaze
3M liquid wax

BEFORE:
21s.jpg

AFTER:

IMG_0309.jpg

Flatliner

I'm kind of a big deal...
Mar 3, 2004
Jack that looks great! That is how I remember it... my brother who bats for the other side (no he is not gay, chevy silly... not that there is anything wrong with that, gay that is) used this combo after I suggested it to him when I was detailing cars years ago. Car won many shows due to that shine... he uses it on his monster truck as well.

I love that look!!!

CobraSusie

Banned
Mar 1, 2004
Flatliner said:

Clay Bar

all NAPA Auto Parts Stores (thats where I go for it :biggthump

Jack

Admin
Staff member
Admin
TCG Premium
Dec 31, 1969
CobraSusie said:
Has anyone tried the Rain X wax yet... nice stuff, I sometimes follow up with the spray on wax to take any smears etc off...hell of a shine !!!
I used Rain-X on my windshield yesterday...

I typically use Zaino Bros. car polish to bring the wet look out in my cars,,, awesome stuff, and it repels dust and dirt

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
I used to use Rain-X on my windows but the dragstrip couldn't get the numbers written on the Rain-X treated glass to stick.

I am a solid Carnauba wax fan but a guy I know who also loves Carnauba recently tried "Blackfire" and says that is looks like a Carnauba deep shine but protects like a polymer. The pics of his car were pretty impressive. I am thinking about trying the Blackfire on my car and seeing if I get the same results. The downside with Carnauba waxes is having to reapply every couple months. I wouldn't mind the same shine with only having to apply the Blackfire every 6 months or so. I don't like the sterile Zaino shine but the Blackfire shine on his Redfire '03 looked better to me. http://www.properautocare.com/blackfireusa.html

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info