• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

$3k mods budget - '02 C5

m_dogg

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 23, 2008
My buddy picked up minty '02 C5 M6. He had it for few months and current power level is not enough anymore. He's not into modding that much and asked me if I know how to make it faster. After reading this and that I see basic LS1 bolt ons consist of intake, headers, tune, some like to swap LS6 intake. I'm sure I'm missing a lot (3800 nutswinger...)

Can you advise how to get most out of it and what parts to buy/where? Even the smallest things like plugs type/gap, thermostat...everything. He's got $3k+ to blow away.

Thanks!

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
Speed inc would be number 1 in my book and probably most others here as well. I would have him give them a call. Tell him to remember to factor in the 400-500 dollar tune as well in this budget. They take care of us TCG guys especially referals which a lot of shops live and die by.

I can tell you their tuner is top notch, My car has pulled harder than a few of those making more actual HP numbers than me all because my tune is spot on. Numbers arn't everything

lefty

Addict
Aug 23, 2015
gear, intake/TB/Lid, Full Exhaust, might have money left for roller rockers and a cam if he buys used and searches for deals. TB,l lid and exhaust he can def do himself. should be able to do the intake too. He should really learn to do the easy stuff himself

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info