3D printers...who has one?

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
got some peach fuzz but no ball so far probably 12+ hours in.

IMG_20220109_073254587.jpg

IMG_20220109_073259527.jpg

Reactions: Turbocharged400sbc

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
Turns out all my headaches with the big printer are related to one of our linear rails having a slight Bend in it approximately one-third down it's length.

I've been chasing this for a while and I finally have absolute confirmation. So now we got to pull the damn thing apart again

20220109_103154.jpg

We also use Norm to make a parts cooler for the nearus

20220109_103013.jpg

Reactions: Mr_Roboto

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
Reactions: Turbocharged400sbc

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
Damn I want a bigger bed printer now lol

Other things begin to play a factor with big machines. We've been chasing f****** headaches with our bed levelness and mesh compensation. You see that blue dip on the mesh compensation table?
That dip right there turns out to actually be because of a very slight Bend in the linear bearing along that side of the X axis.

20220109_103157.jpg

We are in the process of swapping out the rails now. But then maybe we will have a good mesh compensation that doesn't give us Oddball layer thicknesses

That right there is measured off of a perfectly flat piece of quarter inch mic 6 aluminum 21x38 inches

Reactions: Lord Tin Foilhat

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber

Done. I had the line bind up at the top on the spool and fuck a layer up.

Any ideas on the texture? maybe a bit hot? I had adjusted my retraction and I am wondering of it reverted.

View attachment 110081

View attachment 110082
maybe cooling but also looks like over-extrusion. Try changing your extrusion multiplier to 0.99 or 0.98 and also verify your E-Steps

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
Gotta ask I have the new printer with the bltouch and I am as a whole unimpressed. I am still having some print warp issues and I managed to break the tip off, it doesn't seem any easier than just hand levelling now and again. I am thinking about converting this printer to a switch honestly. Am I missing something here?

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
Sup. Picked up an ender 3 pro from micro center today. Made the mistake of mentioning it to fiancé.

“What do you need that for” followed by “the look”
itll go like this.....
Month 1-3
"why do you spend so much time fixing and working on that printer?" " Do you NEED to upgrade it?" "Why are you printing that stupid shit?"

Month 3-6
"You fixed that by printing?" "Oh that can be pretty useful."

Month 6+
"Can you print me this?" "Can you fix this"

Then itll collect dust for a bit.

12+ months
"Are you going to use that thing again?"

:rofl:

repeat when you buy printer #2

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
What free software are you guys using to draw shit up?
freecad for software CAD based/accuracy based.
Blender for like 3d models (think 3d figures, mini figurines)

Tinkercad is good web based for quick shapes but also pretty powerful.

PrusaSlicer and Cura for slicers is what I use mainly. If you are doing Lithophanes, LuBan is awesome.

Reactions: OffshoreDrilling

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
Gotta ask I have the new printer with the bltouch and I am as a whole unimpressed. I am still having some print warp issues and I managed to break the tip off, it doesn't seem any easier than just hand levelling now and again. I am thinking about converting this printer to a switch honestly. Am I missing something here?
sounds like you are missing something if you broke the tip off and having issues still.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
Sup. Picked up an ender 3 pro from micro center today. Made the mistake of mentioning it to fiancé.

“What do you need that for” followed by “the look”
They had $100 off coupons for the v2 for a while now which is wild.

Find some dumb shit to make her off thingiverse and she’ll change her tune.

I use fusion360. Free version limits you to 10 editable drawings at a time but they can be turned to read only and back to editable without issue. Only thing I’ve noticed missing from the pro version is some mesh features so far.

Reactions: OffshoreDrilling

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
1st print. No idea what the fuck happened there. It’s like a section of the body is just missing. File that came on the SD card

Printing another now to see if something is up with the file or the printer. I had to walk away for 30min and couldn’t babysit

View attachment 113063
make sure your Z isnt binding. It looks like over extrusion or its not moving properly up/got stuck on a layer and oozing layers on top of each other.

Measure its height and then look in the slicer and see how tall it should be.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info