3D printers...who has one?

b00sted

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 6, 2010
I have an Ender 3 Pro that printed great with minimal input - mainly just leveling the bed every once in a while. I'm surprised the Ender 5 is that finnicky.

I recently upgraded to a Prusa Mk3s and it's sweet. It's probably as close as you can get to just 'clicking print' and letting it do it's thing. Auto bed-leveling, filament run-out sensor, etc.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Hey, I haven't posted here with my printer but I have a fully upgraded Ender 5 plus. I haven't been happy with it, it requires constant adjusting to get it to print right. I am thinking of selling and getting something different. What is everyone liking these days?

What do you have to adjust? I thought it has BL Touch which auto levels the bed?

3 baconators?

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
Good bump, Lord Tin Foilhat Lord Tin Foilhat did you upgrade any fans on your ender?
yes.

I went with Sunon Maglev 4020 for cooling fan & whatever 4010 came with the BIQU H2 extruder for the hotend, I did the 120mm fan mod for the power supply, and havent touched the fan underneath because it just never bothered me.

It is pretty quiet after that. Even though the maglev is the same type and bigger fan, the bearing just runs sooo quiet compared to stock.

something like this, I know it wasnt this model

Eventually I want to print one of the rear cases and move the board back there....but its been working fine so...I have left it alone lol

MEATeorite

Addict
Apr 10, 2016
Plano IL
First go with Lithopane Maker. Pretty cool. Its a picture of my cat.
Resized_download_20211120_101140.jpeg

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
First go with Lithopane Maker. Pretty cool. Its a picture of my cat.View attachment 105793
When my wife's dog passed I made her a light up "ern" as a memorial. We keep it lit all the time and has 4 lithophane sides. I made the case in cad and 3d printed it all. Its a pretty cool feeling seeing something you made digitally come together physically.

Lithophanes are awesome. Lots of cool things you can do in lots of shapes. Some have figured out how to colorize them too.

20211120_105050_1.jpg

20211120_105101_1.jpg

Reactions: MEATeorite

Gamble

TCG Elite Member
May 23, 2015
5 bills to spend on a new printer, which one and why?
Pretty happy with the prusa mini. After all the bugs got worked out
Screen is nice. 99% of the time I hit print and walk away, unless I’m changing filament or type then run the leveling again
Small and light, easy to assemble

down sides is it really doesn’t like cold. Has to be exactly 65 or 68 or it won’t do shit. And with any printer wish is was larger but for $349 or $399 hard to complain

Reactions: Mr_Roboto

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
My filament drier showed up today, and my new printer has been here quite some time now. Work has been fucking silly and I need a place in the new house to set it up. I stuck my copper ABS in the drier to see how bad it is, stuff never printed well.

I also need to buy some water soluble filament. It seems like the pla based stuff is big coin thankfully the abs version seems cheap.

Pappa needs to print some new gats, gotta get this set up.

IMG_20220107_073256132.jpg

IMG_20220107_073635196.jpg

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
Looking good, I need to keep plugging away at mine. She's giving me some headaches with the initial setup. I'm doing ABS and I'm not sure that's a great idea, it seems to be it may be under extruding. With my luck I'll end up having to throw some Capricorn in the hot end pretty well straight away. They included a short piece of standard stuff (it's a direct drive) so I don't consider that a great sign.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info