3D printers...who has one?

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
I gotta say, the atomic jet black is definitely blacker then the inland significantly. It makes the inland black look grey in certain light. If you need black black, then atomic jet black is :bigthumb:

ablack.jpg

ablack2 (1).jpg

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
What settings are you running for the .8? Specifically initial layer height and layer height?
I have 2 profiles right now. 0.45 and 0.60

Layer height 0.45
First layer - 0.3
30m/s

Layer height 0.60
First layer - 0.3
25m/s

I have found I get good adhesion with 0.3 (sometimes too good, bed at 60c).

But the main thing is I had to slow things way down with the bigger nozzle and then zero in on a temperature per filament. (Rainbow liked it a bit hotter then black, but both had to go +5-15c from smaller nozzle temps) and it's still not perfect but good enough for my uses. I have been debating on throwing in a .6 nozzle so I can still do finer details stuff while still having an increase speed with larger layer capabilities but getting things calibrated is kind of a PITA sometimes :rofl:

Those cubes were .45 layer height.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
Got two printed today since my wife wasn’t scared to clear the bed and start a new one. They both have the same flaws on them so I think I’m going to reslice them in prusaslicer and see if that makes a difference. Also looks like my temp needs to come up maybe?

C8F1F03D-F0E2-4391-AE6E-9B22DF63195D.jpeg
9725C5B7-79E1-4C53-87C1-1F970E7439C8.jpeg
C4D4BE69-3017-48E0-A96C-6667B2BEA2EA.jpeg

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
Batteries click in just fine. Just started a prusaslicer sliced one. See how it goes.
I have been using prusa more lately. Cura is good for tree supports though, but always seems to print a bit slower.

I haven't messed with any other slicers yet, but I hear simplify and slic3r are also decent. I guess each also have their strengths and weaknesses.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
Belts tight, Y axis was a touch loose, pulled it apart and checked bearings too and everything is good. Went back to a .4 nozzle for some small stuff. Might revisit larger again later but hate the way it looks honestly. I do have a .5 and .6 nozzle also
Same. I went back to a .4 for now to do more detailed stuff that the .8 was failing on. Might try a .6 but I do miss the time savings with a .8 :rofl:

Nozzle box went from 2 hrs to 6 hours :(

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
That’s neat. Looks like maybe the nozzle was too close though.

have you tried the ironing feature?
I think so too. I got a bl touch, I think it's time to throw that puppy on...

Been really debating on printing a direct drive mount. Also have some TPU coming tomorrow.

Yes I have tried ironing. It looks nice but man does it add a ton of time to the print.

I did one set of my vslot covers ironed and one not.

ironig.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info