3D printers...who has one?

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
Especially from them. They’re sold out across the board on printers and parts. There’s a reseller that’s also completely out. Amazon has a few parts $$ or you can pay full retail for a printer if you want it within the week. Micro center here had a bunch of printers in stock though.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
Especially from them. They’re sold out across the board on printers and parts. There’s a reseller that’s also completely out. Amazon has a few parts $$ or you can pay full retail for a printer if you want it within the week. Micro center here had a bunch of printers in stock though.
They show in stock on the website and microcenter shows 10+ printers in stock

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber

Screenshot_20200426-120145.png

Bob Kazamakis

TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
Autodesk360 and cura so far. Haven’t dove in super far.

This helped me a lot yesterday trying to figure out what I was doing wrong for setup.

Bob Kazamakis

TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
Now their website shows out of stock, but microcenter has a ton
This is the official creality site. https://www.creality3dofficial.com/

this is the reseller that usually fools people. Things show up but apparently can take a real long time.

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
Any of you guys step into the Marlin Code yet? I don't think I'm satisfied with the board heating on my printer. It's using a Creality board so overall it should be somewhat similar. It seems like it's using bang bang logic and it should be using PID logic instead. If it is using PID Logic it's overshooting pretty badly on my printer. I did upgrade to the screw in temp sensor on the extruder however.

kyesburrell

*It's Totally Kyle*
Mar 25, 2018
NW Burbs
I just got a Creality CR10 for $300, used. Still in great shape. Print volume is 300x300x400mm. Guy threw in half a spool of filament too. And I've also been using Fusion360 to model and Cura to slice up the models/prep G Code.

Bob Kazamakis ilikemtb999 you'll wanna upgrade your bowden tube and the couplers. Creality really cheaped out on those from the factory. It's a known issue. And if your print bed is warped, head to IKEA and get a piece of mirror and print on top of that. Mirrors are near perfectly flat.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
welp.... looks like ill be most likely playing with a new 3d printer this weekend... Microcenter has the Ender 3 Pro for $200 new. Bob Kazamakis ilikemtb999

Bob Kazamakis

TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
In order of the mods I’ve done:
Stiffer bed springs (only time I level the bed is when I switch materials)
Creality glass bed
All metal extruder (was starting to wear the plastic one out, I’d get a dual drive if I were to do it again)
All metal hot end

I’ve printed out a few mods too but nothing crazy. A back cover for the display, a tool box that fits under the bed next to the display and a roller wheel filament guide.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info