3D printers...who has one?

c5z06speedjon

Addict
Jan 21, 2008
Depends what you’re looking to do, I used to sell all different kinds. My advice would be to spend a little more on one. You want the machine working for u and not the other way around, by that I mean there’s a ton of cheap ones that require a lot of dialing in or tinkering with. If you want something set it and forget it, spend a little more.

I have a TON of knowledge on this, so if you’d like to chat on the phone or in private I’d be happy to help

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
Depends what you’re looking to do, I used to sell all different kinds. My advice would be to spend a little more on one. You want the machine working for u and not the other way around, by that I mean there’s a ton of cheap ones that require a lot of dialing in or tinkering with. If you want something set it and forget it, spend a little more.

I have a TON of knowledge on this, so if you’d like to chat on the phone or in private I’d be happy to help
Thanks.

I am still on the fence on purchasing one, it will be for small pieces which I can probably get printed online for much cheaper if it is just a few pieces.

any brands you may recommend? or specific features that are "must haves" that not all printers have?

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
I was just about to ask about this. I need a small 4 inch circular part made that goes around the base of a Christmas tree and holds the branches... Shit broke last year.
There’s places online you can send a file and hey print for you. My local library has one for FREE use too. Something you may want to check into

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
There’s places online you can send a file and hey print for you. My local library has one for FREE use too. Something you may want to check into
I was just using one of these sites for a few things.... small things seems like its a good deal, but larger objects get quite costly

BS ISF

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 24, 2012
WEST BURBS
Markforged if $$$ is not a huge hangup. We have printed many parts in onyx, fibreglass, kevlar and continous carbon fibre. The MetalX is just an amazing machine and they are really starting to offer more materials.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
Markforged if $$$ is not a huge hangup. We have printed many parts in onyx, fibreglass, kevlar and continous carbon fibre. The MetalX is just an amazing machine and they are really starting to offer more materials.

These machines are so fucking bad ass. Do you use then at work or something?

Reactions: c5z06speedjon

BS ISF

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 24, 2012
WEST BURBS
Yeah my cousin is a printing provider out of Grays Lake. They also run production parts as they are a small print farm.
They use multiple platforms to widen their material offering.

Reactions: OffshoreDrilling

c5z06speedjon

Addict
Jan 21, 2008

I’ve sold for them, their stuff is awesome. If you’re looking for strong durable parts they’re great. Applications such as jigs fixtures, end arm tooling it’s fabtastic. And for an FDM style printer the resolution is one of the best, along with smoother surface finishes. And as Jared mentioned there are tons of companies you can reach out to and use for part services if you don’t want to make the investment that I can get you in touch with. What are the uses you’re looking to have parts made for?

Reactions: BS ISF

c5z06speedjon

Addict
Jan 21, 2008
Yeah my cousin is a printing provider out of Grays Lake. They also run production parts as they are a small print farm.
They use multiple platforms to widen their material offering.

Lol I know these guys very well, visited them up there a few times. They also offer parts off of the hp equipment too. Who’s your cousin? I probably know him.

Reactions: BS ISF

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
Lord Tin Foilhat tinfoilhat have you bought anything yet? I’d love to get something as well

No I have not

We have one of these at work (because my boss bought it for his son and he never used it) and it has been surprisingly good.
Hmm for that price, might be worth a shot

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
No I have not

Hmm for that price, might be worth a shot
We’ve been using it to test hubs we designed in Solidworks and have been printing face shields this week.

359D0753-EED8-4C36-B8FC-39F631818225.jpeg

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK

We have one of these at work (because my boss bought it for his son and he never used it) and it has been surprisingly good.
Looks like it’s for children but that’s cheap as hell and that mask is a good size too. Any up close shots of texture?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info