Reactions: AnimalMother316

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
I ended up downloading autodesk meshmixer to slice the part. Easy to use and accomplished what I needed.

I’ve got to get off my ass and teach myself some modeling and cad software. I was doing fusion 360 for a while last year but lost everything I knew how to do. Also, want to fuck around with blender.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
People seem to shit on prusa slicer, but I feel like it's fine.

I actually still use it for resin printing, then I import it to my anycubic software.
I use prusaslicer most of the time, I like its interface better. Only advantage to cura in my eyes is with tree supports but I rarely use suppports.

PXL_20230205_010330626.jpg

One of the coolest things is that the chain links are literally links so the flail dangles around. They're so small it's crazy.

I started learning new cleaning methods, so that's gotten easier too.

I have a jar of dirty alcohol. It's cloudy from so much resin particulate. And then I also brush everything with a regular tooth brush. Then it gets another dip in clean alcohol.

Then dried off, and then cured. It's very easy to tell when something isn't clean or cured completely. If it's cured incorrectly it will smell. If you don't clean it good it can be fully cured, but it will be sticky.

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
Relativity made it to space but did not make it to orbit.
Looks like all the first stage 3D printed engines did fine but the second stages single 3D printed engine flared out. I'm interested to see what they discover happened.

Reactions: Lord Tin Foilhat

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
This is a prototype shifter knob for the Cruze. I got an ebay one that fit like shit so I made this one. The CAD work was easy but the abs was sucking for bed adhesion so it took a bunch of tries. My settings must have reverted to 100% infill......

View attachment 158467
Try the alpha prusaslicer or newest cura versions that are out. One of them includes changes to the way it handles prints like that, where as it gets to the top, the speed is now too fast for the final small circles and you get bad few top layers because the speed/flow is better for the larger circles, but not the smaller. The newer software will slow down the speed and flow to get you a better top finish.

Can also use PETG. Easier to print and would still handle car heat without warping

01bluesnake

D Mark Performance
TCG Sponsor
Jul 8, 2009
This is a prototype shifter knob for the Cruze. I got an ebay one that fit like shit so I made this one. The CAD work was easy but the abs was sucking for bed adhesion so it took a bunch of tries. My settings must have reverted to 100% infill......

View attachment 158467

For abs, i put down blue painters tape, then apply a glue stick to the top, fixed all my ABS adhesion issues.

01bluesnake

D Mark Performance
TCG Sponsor
Jul 8, 2009
I usually use abs goo, in this case I did not until the last shot.

I've heard of people using the ABS slurry/goo, but the painters tape and glue stick worked really good for me. I've reused the tape on my bed for countless prints, just reapplied the glue stick in the area where i was printing, so super quick and dries almost instantly. Parts peel up easy as well which is a plus

20230408_101735.jpg

Thread Info