đź’¬ OT 3D printers...who has one?

Got the laptop going with the new slicer.

Been fucking around and getting used to it. Hoping to try some prints this weekend.

PXL_20221125_053628656.jpg

Reactions: SleeperLS
Fucked up my prints last night forgot to fully tighten the base plate and they shifted so everything randomly moved forward about a quarter of the way through.

Tonight went better. More nerd shit this resin printer will basically only be printing nerd shit. Still want to figure out how to heat better. But I made an exhaust that vents out the window.

PXL_20221202_020032563.jpg
PXL_20221202_034415158.jpg
PXL_20221130_231815726.jpg

I'm thinking reptile heating pad on the bottom of the enclosure or a beer fermentation heating belt around the vat that holds the resin. May go reptile pad cause buddy has one he doesn't use. Enclosure has a thermometer too.

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
And we’re off. Once I figured out the SD card goes in up side down, she is doing work. Thank you guys for the recommendation. This thing is fucking awesome. I think I am going to get a set up for carbon fiber stuff when I get good enough and start printing my own stuff.

image.jpg

Thoughts on what to sell my other fdm printer at? Or where lol?

I figure fb is the easiest, but idk if I have the mental fortitude to try to sell there.

Prusa mini+ with a few spools.

PXL_20221203_171951559.jpg

Technically the piece that holds the pinda sensor is broken but I printed a replacement and just never put it on cause it was still printing correctly.

New pre assembled is like 450 with a month lead time. I was thinking 300 with the spools included.

Reactions: Mr_Roboto

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
Thoughts on what to sell my other fdm printer at? Or where lol?

I figure fb is the easiest, but idk if I have the mental fortitude to try to sell there.

Prusa mini+ with a few spools.

View attachment 142289

Technically the piece that holds the pinda sensor is broken but I printed a replacement and just never put it on cause it was still printing correctly.

New pre assembled is like 450 with a month lead time. I was thinking 300 with the spools included.
Where are you located?

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
Reactions: AnimalMother316

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
I am having some problems want an opinion or three. I have been trying to use my Sovol SV04 with PLA and it just doesn't seem to work. I've got the printer set up in an enclosure, I've printed PLA with it before (I thought, it's been a while I typically lean ABS) and I've been having a problem where it just suddenly stops extruding. The extruder seems to have tons of "grab" (see below) and I've even had a fucking pretzel of PLA inside my extruder. I've changed the nozzle and replaced the PTFE in the extruder with Capricorn (the old stuff looked fine, but since I do ABS why not) as well at this point to no avail and tried 3 PLAs, 2 Hatchbox and one Sovol one of the PLAs was even new white PLA. I'm going to throw some esun PLA+ in to see what happens, then try ABS that failing. This is driving me fucking batty, maybe I should try opening the enclosure up to reduce the overall internal temperature? I can tell you the fans don't seem to impress me, it's a direct driven extruder and the cooling parts seem different than say the MK6 stuff I typically use on my SV01.

PXL_20230115_035319643.jpg

01bluesnake

D Mark Performance
TCG Sponsor
Jul 8, 2009
I am having some problems want an opinion or three. I have been trying to use my Sovol SV04 with PLA and it just doesn't seem to work. I've got the printer set up in an enclosure, I've printed PLA with it before (I thought, it's been a while I typically lean ABS) and I've been having a problem where it just suddenly stops extruding. The extruder seems to have tons of "grab" (see below) and I've even had a fucking pretzel of PLA inside my extruder. I've changed the nozzle and replaced the PTFE in the extruder with Capricorn (the old stuff looked fine, but since I do ABS why not) as well at this point to no avail and tried 3 PLAs, 2 Hatchbox and one Sovol one of the PLAs was even new white PLA. I'm going to throw some esun PLA+ in to see what happens, then try ABS that failing. This is driving me fucking batty, maybe I should try opening the enclosure up to reduce the overall internal temperature? I can tell you the fans don't seem to impress me, it's a direct driven extruder and the cooling parts seem different than say the MK6 stuff I typically use on my SV01.

View attachment 147475

PLA is typically the easiest to print, doesnt require as high of temp as ABS. Im not familiar with that printer, but does it show your print head temp? Could have a bad heater that is not getting the nozzle up to temp. Have you verified the settings didnt got skewed? Looks like its not up to temp before trying to feed the filament.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber

View attachment 147475
Heat creep

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
Fired up my ender for the first time since April today to print some stupid small stuff. Swung by microcenter yesterday to grab some more PLA +.

Anyone have any luck finding a raspberry pi? I want to get an octoprint setup going. Best I can tell they’ve been out of stock for a while.

Reactions: Mr_Roboto

Thread Info