3D printers...who has one?

ilikemtb999

I eat dirt
Donating Member
Reaction score
Everywhere online is sold out. I’ve been wanting to buy some mods like the silent mobo but either out of stock or way inflated price

ilikemtb999

I eat dirt
Donating Member
Reaction score
Especially from them. They’re sold out across the board on printers and parts. There’s a reseller that’s also completely out. Amazon has a few parts $$ or you can pay full retail for a printer if you want it within the week. Micro center here had a bunch of printers in stock though.

OP
tinfoilhat

tinfoilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Especially from them. They’re sold out across the board on printers and parts. There’s a reseller that’s also completely out. Amazon has a few parts $$ or you can pay full retail for a printer if you want it within the week. Micro center here had a bunch of printers in stock though.
They show in stock on the website and microcenter shows 10+ printers in stock

OP
tinfoilhat

tinfoilhat

Donating Member
Reaction score
Now their website shows out of stock, but microcenter has a ton

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
Donating Member
Reaction score
Sovol SV01 here. Still trying to get the hang of it, not sure I'm getting anywhere. What CAD Software are you guys using these days? I want to try and make an intake manifold for the Lemons at some point.

ilikemtb999

I eat dirt
Donating Member
Reaction score
Autodesk360 and cura so far. Haven’t dove in super far.

This helped me a lot yesterday trying to figure out what I was doing wrong for setup.

ilikemtb999

I eat dirt
Donating Member
Reaction score
Now their website shows out of stock, but microcenter has a ton
This is the official creality site. https://www.creality3dofficial.com/

this is the reseller that usually fools people. Things show up but apparently can take a real long time.

ilikemtb999

I eat dirt
Donating Member
Reaction score
A friend just bought a mono price mini delta. Small build area but it’s awesome to watch and is working great out of the box.

Mr_Roboto

Donating Member
Reaction score
Any of you guys step into the Marlin Code yet? I don't think I'm satisfied with the board heating on my printer. It's using a Creality board so overall it should be somewhat similar. It seems like it's using bang bang logic and it should be using PID logic instead. If it is using PID Logic it's overshooting pretty badly on my printer. I did upgrade to the screw in temp sensor on the extruder however.

Mr_Roboto

Donating Member
Reaction score
Anyone mind doing me a solid? Melted part of my printer need a replacement printed. Worse than locking your keys in the car.

kyesburrell

*It's Totally Kyle*
Reaction score
I just got a Creality CR10 for $300, used. Still in great shape. Print volume is 300x300x400mm. Guy threw in half a spool of filament too. And I've also been using Fusion360 to model and Cura to slice up the models/prep G Code.

ilikemtb999 ilikemtb999 you'll wanna upgrade your bowden tube and the couplers. Creality really cheaped out on those from the factory. It's a known issue. And if your print bed is warped, head to IKEA and get a piece of mirror and print on top of that. Mirrors are near perfectly flat.

OP
tinfoilhat

tinfoilhat

Donating Member
Reaction score
welp.... looks like ill be most likely playing with a new 3d printer this weekend... Microcenter has the Ender 3 Pro for $200 new. ilikemtb999 ilikemtb999

OP
tinfoilhat

tinfoilhat

Donating Member
Reaction score
anything else I should pick up with it right off the bat? filament sizes or types?

ilikemtb999

I eat dirt
Donating Member
Reaction score
The cheap PLA has been good for me from microcenter, $16.99 a spool.

their petg has been shit. I need to get a dehumidifier and see if that helps.

b00sted

He's Still Your President
Reaction score
I've had good luck with hatchbox filament. 1.75mm is the standard size I believe.

I also did Creality's glass bed which makes leveling a little easier, but the stock magnetic bed is totally fine to start with. I used that for 1+ year before putting the glass one on.

Blownbyyou

Donating Member
Reaction score
So how hard is it to design shit? Like if I wanted to make a socket holder or something like that how long would the design faze be??

ilikemtb999

I eat dirt
Donating Member
Reaction score
In order of the mods I’ve done:
Stiffer bed springs (only time I level the bed is when I switch materials)
Creality glass bed
All metal extruder (was starting to wear the plastic one out, I’d get a dual drive if I were to do it again)
All metal hot end

I’ve printed out a few mods too but nothing crazy. A back cover for the display, a tool box that fits under the bed next to the display and a roller wheel filament guide.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom