đź’¬ OT 3D printers...who has one?

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
What bed surface are you printing with? Pei has been awesome for pla and petg but I ended up two, one for each
Yup, I have been running a pei sticky sheet slapped onto glass that had a chunk took out from petg. Pei has been great. Iso after every print and as long as the height is good, sticks everytime.

Reactions: Bob Kazamakis

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
Back up and running!

Can't seem to zero the retraction though. Need to do an estep tune, pid tune and add the wobbleX & smart filament sensor.

IMG_20230821_020259_083.jpg

GTvert90

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 10, 2016
Machesney Park
Real Name
Phil
What is the closest thing to a turn key printer right now? Ankermake M5 or M5C caught my eye a while back. https://us.store.bambulab.com/products/p1p also looks interesting. Or do I just get an ender and do the recommended upgrades and get printing?

I don't really have anything in mind to print, I just finally have room for one and feel like I'd find stuff to printer if I had one. lol

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
What is the closest thing to a turn key printer right now? Ankermake M5 or M5C caught my eye a while back. https://us.store.bambulab.com/products/p1p also looks interesting. Or do I just get an ender and do the recommended upgrades and get printing?

I don't really have anything in mind to print, I just finally have room for one and feel like I'd find stuff to printer if I had one. lol
Bambu or prusa

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
Wow. Bambu is shaking up the industry in a good way!

Updated the prusa mini to 5.0 alpha firmware which brings input shaping and a few other goodies to the mini. Basically just tripled the print speeds while keeping quality the same :eek:

Ryobi tool holder part with a 0.6mm nozzle at 0.4mm layer height... About 3hr print.

Now with the mini... 0.4mm nozzle at 0.2mm layer height.... 1hr 30min!!!!!!!

Crazy improvements with just a software update.

Reactions: 01bluesnake

Thread Info