3800 Wiki

bs009

Making 3800's Great Again
Feb 13, 2014
NashVegas
Hey guys, I'm working on a wiki website that focuses on 3800's and all of the nitty gritty details that are sprinkled all over the internet.

There's a lot of old forums that have tons of great documented information that have pretty much just disappeared and some previously well-known information is getting hard to find. I'd love to consolidate as much information that has been shared as I can to make it easier to find and reference for future builds.
Forums are great for discussing and disputing information, but not as great for laying it out in a way that's easy to read and search. I'm also worried that existing forums will start disappearing in the future as well and more information will disappear along with it.
Even though 3800's seem to be losing popularity, I feel like it's one of those engines that is always going to have a pretty decent following no matter how old it gets. I have this delusion that it could help make 3800's more popular in the future too to get some more mainstream recognition :LOL:

The Wiki site will have all of its images hosted on its own server instead of relying on photobucket or imgur so I feel like it should have a lot more staying power as well. Hard drive space is cheap these days so image hosting is really not a big deal.
This is the first wiki of its kind afaik so this is kind of an experiment. I'm definitely open to feedback about this. There is basically nothing invested into it but some of my time so far.

The site is very new so there are a lot of empty pages on it. I created it last week on Wednesday, it's not even indexed on Google yet.

I'm hoping to find people who are willing to edit it or help to locate information for it. Editing the site can be pretty time-consuming though and unrewarding as well so I'd definitely understand if there are people who don't want to work on it. If you are interested in contributing just let me know and I can create a user account for you. I don't mind working on it on my own, but it'll just take a long time to add everything I'd want to.

You can find the wiki right now at http://3800wiki.com if you'd like to take a look.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• bs009
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list