3800 3800/W/H/G/B/C body Craigslist thread

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
I'm still pretty sure that whoever designed the Cressida got pictures of a Buick station wagon without anything for scale and pictures of Buick pillow top seats with no actual measurement of foam.

After having sat in it for nearly 5 hours I'm pretty sure it's revenge for Hiroshima, well played

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
1656609856483.png

145k on that seat?? Was the driver a hamster?
1656609870457.png

Reactions: GTPpower and m_dogg

Now THAT is a super rare specimen. Only 112 of the 1986 Buick LeSabre Grand Nationals were made. It was replaced by the much better looking LeSabre T-Type for '87-'89.

Yes, it's ugly and I'd much rather have a T-Type (ironically, the T-Type looked closer to a Grand National), but due to it's rarity and condition, I don't think it's out of the realm of possibilities that the right buyer would pay $8k for it.

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
Now THAT is a super rare specimen. Only 112 of the 1986 Buick LeSabre Grand Nationals were made. It was replaced by the much better looking LeSabre T-Type for '87-'89.

Yes, it's ugly and I'd much rather have a T-Type (ironically, the T-Type looked closer to a Grand National), but due to it's rarity and condition, I don't think it's out of the realm of possibilities that the right buyer would pay $8k for it.
Part of me would rather have the GN than the T-type. The only real reason is because of the name. I would soooo look forward to all the morons at car shows wanting to argue with me about how it's fake. I also would love to have two stock '86 Grand Nationals in my garage which only have about 3 parts in common lmao. However, I really only want it as an accessory to my Regal GN and that is a piss-poor snooty rich man's reason to buy a car. lol

The T-type is absolutely a cooler car, and would probably look cooler next to my GN despite the name and year difference. There's a nice deal on a black '88 with 77k miles on it. If my Camaro already had AC and a good clutch in it, I'd be willing to sell my Volvo to Carmax and grab that LeSabre TODAY.

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
Yes, it won't be as cool of an argument, but with the T-Type, you could still look forward to the ignorant "car experts" wanting to argue that "T-Type means it has a turbo, moron!"
I've seen a few people go cross-eyed when I tell them it means "Touring" or that "Grand National" is essentially just a trim package. lol They don't like that.

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
Yes, it won't be as cool of an argument, but with the T-Type, you could still look forward to the ignorant "car experts" wanting to argue that "T-Type means it has a turbo, moron!"
In the G-bodies it was a handling package. You could get a T-type with a 307 Oldsmobile.

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
In the G-bodies it was a handling package. You could get a T-type with a 307 Oldsmobile.
Sorta kinda. Only the '87 T was offered with a 307, and I don't really count '87 in the "rules" because it was a wild west do whatever you have to do to get rid of these parts year. The 307 option on the T as well as turbo Limiteds were only offered because of the line shutting down. Until then, the T-type was the handling and turbo engine package. WE2 (Grand National) was just the appearance package you could add to that. On any GN title from '84-'86, it'll be listed as a Regal T-type. On an '82, it's just a Regal. LeSabre GN is just a LeSabre which also has the WE2 RPO. IIRC, the LeSabre GN doesn't even have the full FE3 suspension like the T-type which is the tiny 112 car exception that rules the WE2 a trim package. I believe the reason for "Grand National" becoming it's own model on the title in '87 is due the Buick wanting to keep it pure. They didn't want some bone head walking into a dealer and ordering a 307 Grand National and tainting the name. Otherwise, it probably would have happened. :sick:

Gotta keep in mind that there was also the WE4 wannabe GN package. It's like wanting the signature GN black out look but being too cheap to buy the cool seats and chrome wheels. lol

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
Price is a bit hefty, but it's a good survivor. It's certainly not every day that a clean touring sedan comes around. My grandparents had an '88 98 Regency Brougham with the velour interior and a digital dash. I called it "the soft car" and I've been sad that I it's gone since they sold it in 1998.

This would almost fill the void in my soul.
1658862961732.png

1658863254350.png

Thread Info