3800 vs. the Federal Government

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
I pulled into work this morning, and near where I park, there is this Grand Prix surrounded by horses, caution tape, probably 100lbs of oil dry underneath it, a barrier of pig oil absorbent batts and a big orange sign taped to the drivers window.

032tHk7.jpg

9aihXWa.jpg

4 flats and char marks on the front end :bowrofl:

A lot of people leave cars here while on travel, or work overnight running various scientific facilities. I'm guessing this thing went up last night some time. Fire department likely popped the tires themselves to reduce the hazard of
them exploding. They've got this thing blocked off like its some FEMA disaster relief area. What's more hilarious is this will be some sort of OSHA recordable incident, an EPA report of some sort, a giant pile of emails, probably end up turning into some knee jerk reaction mandatory safety training bs that every person on site will have to attend. "don't drive your 3800 to work 101"

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
It looks to me like it was leaking something and some govt weirdo made a huge deal out of it. Which is definitely something that would happen at either one of our facilities. :rofl:

Maybe gas? I can't see anything that would indicate it was burning? :dunno:

b4black

before black
Jun 6, 2008
Oswego
If it were on fire, I would have expected then to tear the hood off at least. Also surprised they didn't tow it away.

Our Dodge Intrepid was hit in the front (minor) and the horn was blaring. The fire department used the "jaws of life" to forced the hood open, smashing the radiator, then forced the hood backwards over the windshield, cracking it, and then cut both cables to the battery just to stop the horn. They did way more damage than the accident. I can't imagine what they would have done if they saw smoke.

What's the sign say?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info