3800 vs. the Federal Government

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
Donating Member
Reaction score
I pulled into work this morning, and near where I park, there is this Grand Prix surrounded by horses, caution tape, probably 100lbs of oil dry underneath it, a barrier of pig oil absorbent batts and a big orange sign taped to the drivers window.

4 flats and char marks on the front end :bowrofl:

A lot of people leave cars here while on travel, or work overnight running various scientific facilities. I'm guessing this thing went up last night some time. Fire department likely popped the tires themselves to reduce the hazard of
them exploding. They've got this thing blocked off like its some FEMA disaster relief area. What's more hilarious is this will be some sort of OSHA recordable incident, an EPA report of some sort, a giant pile of emails, probably end up turning into some knee jerk reaction mandatory safety training bs that every person on site will have to attend. "don't drive your 3800 to work 101"

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
Donating Member
Reaction score
It looks to me like it was leaking something and some govt weirdo made a huge deal out of it. Which is definitely something that would happen at either one of our facilities. :rofl:

Maybe gas? I can't see anything that would indicate it was burning? :dunno:

10sec

Donating Member
Reaction score
Looks like your typical hazard spill cleanup/prevention.

Euro

GM or Nothing
Reaction score
Meanwhile, some poor asshole you work with is gonna come back from a work trip and get the surprise of his life :rofl:

b4black

Reaction score
If it were on fire, I would have expected then to tear the hood off at least. Also surprised they didn't tow it away.

Our Dodge Intrepid was hit in the front (minor) and the horn was blaring. The fire department used the "jaws of life" to forced the hood open, smashing the radiator, then forced the hood backwards over the windshield, cracking it, and then cut both cables to the battery just to stop the horn. They did way more damage than the accident. I can't imagine what they would have done if they saw smoke.

What's the sign say?

boostedguy05

not well known
Donating Member
Reaction score
it also looks like all 4 doors were pried open. that car looks BEAT

b4black

Reaction score
If you enlarge the pictures, the spots on the doors are safety reflectors.

And the tires don't look flat.

10sec

Donating Member
Reaction score
It definitely looks like what I said earlier. Containment because it's leaking or was leaking something they would consider a hazard. Which when you work where we work, could just be simple green :rofl:

Chester Copperpot

TCGs Far Right Leader
Donating Member
Reaction score
Ban 3800s. Make the world a greener place for our future bug overlords.

Would you like to know more?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom