• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

🔧 Technical 3800 to TKX Conversion (COMPLETE how-to with pics, parts links, results, mistakes, and solutions)

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
Dude, double-space it to add pages and you have yourself a how-to conversion manual you could sell. Makes some nickels off of that.
Being that it's my first real write-up and that I don't see it becoming a popular swap anyway, I'm letting it go for free. I'd rather spread the word, keep the 3800 cheap, and inspire others to keep modifying these things.

If I added comprehensive information with all the key measurements that essentially show you how to convert ANY transmission to a 3800, I would consider making it into an e-book or something. I don't think I'm that ambitious though. All that information is in a jumbled mess between these two threads if somebody without calipers wants to read way more than they bargained for.

TKX swap thread
My build thread

Reactions: Mr_Roboto
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• v6buicks
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list