pnrBX1bbj

Not overly imposing to the driver view

turtleman

Addict
Sep 6, 2009
Villa Park, IL
Real Name
covid
Working on tearing it down and sorta putting the the old stuff back on to park it for the season. I'll put the FaGoT blower back on the mockup engine stand and work on the changes that will be needed for the 99 riv vs this 97 and other improvements over the winter months. Side note - I need a power ratchet so bad - christmas save me
Then in spring, it's ON!

pmxkA1hKj

plwZ7gsuj

pnkQTYXnj

plwBJVARj

Taking it down after the first season if you will, everything looks really good. Maybe I kinda do know what I'm doing a little bit. I'm reminded of things I learned about while making this like gland depth and various dimensions for standard o-ring sizes

plbxNzVMj

silicone sheet gasket - best thing I ever did did

plbNJWqCj

The stock blower even with a full IC looks so lame now :rofl:

turtleman

Addict
Sep 6, 2009
Villa Park, IL
Real Name
covid
I'd like to go with that silicone sheet gasket on my setup. No need for RTV with it? Where did you get it at?

I don't remember where I got it - it was ages ago - maybe mcmaster-carr
but I found the bag with my left over in it and the label is legit

Item # DSP1564-7038-032-36, Fiberglass Reinforced Silicone Sheet, DSP1564 Grade, .032 Thk-Price is per linear yard. Click on Quantity Discount for pricing. On Diversified Silicone Products, Inc.

I think I needed a little dab of rtv somewhere back when but it hasn't affected reusability. Literally just wipe them down with cleaner and smash it back together

turtleman

Addict
Sep 6, 2009
Villa Park, IL
Real Name
covid
What kind of post intercooler IAT's were you seeing with the big intercooler on?

Don't know yet. I have a fast response IAT sensor set up in the lower intake but it hasn't been logged while the FGT was on.

I was planning to plug it into the EGR wiring and do that trick to log it but it didn't even receive ref power when I tried it so that's where that ended

GTPpower

TCG Elite Member
Jun 5, 2012
Nebraska
I don't remember where I got it - it was ages ago - maybe mcmaster-carr
but I found the bag with my left over in it and the label is legit

Item # DSP1564-7038-032-36, Fiberglass Reinforced Silicone Sheet, DSP1564 Grade, .032 Thk-Price is per linear yard. Click on Quantity Discount for pricing. On Diversified Silicone Products, Inc.

I think I needed a little dab of rtv somewhere back when but it hasn't affected reusability. Literally just wipe them down with cleaner and smash it back together

Awesome. Thank you.

turtleman

Addict
Sep 6, 2009
Villa Park, IL
Real Name
covid
po1vVe2wp

boost offish

poV3XZa9p

full boost

That MPVI.3 is raw voltage from the fuel pressure sender. You can see in the second log that fuel just disappears somewhere above the 200kpa ceiling. I did numerous pulls like this. It actually feels really strong and I only get a little blip of kr once in a while. It's puzzling.

Anyhow it's clear I need more fuel delivery. Currently have the racetronix walbro 255 with a voltage booster on it although it's the magnuson one so it's only 17.5v or something. I was probably gonna get a new MSD one that can do over 20v
My thoughts right now are to buy a 340lph pump. Where should I buy one so I know i'm getting a good one and not like chinese junk?

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city

turtleman

Addict
Sep 6, 2009
Villa Park, IL
Real Name
covid
Ill probably go for the 525 pump then. Id have to think the fuel hard lines are a restriction at some point. If that 525 us actually double my current 255 i think I'd be ok for the pump itsself especially since i can still crank up power to it.
Im gonna have to deal with the venturi nonsense too. James tells me to run a pump just to fill the bucket. I really don't want to make a mess of it like that but what other options are there besides using the tee and sacrificing hold pressure in the fuel system

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info