• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

3800 Code

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
I KNOW THAT MUCH.

I did google it, but doesnt show where it is and I didnt see how to replace it. Most topics just say how to bypass it. I have never seen this code also and wanted to know if anyone had issues with it here. Then again, the car has 234k on it...

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
the solenoid is bolted to the BBV actuator bracket by a single 10mm hex nut

ensure that it has power and that the ground side circuit is fine going to the pcm and then id say replace it.

there are two outlet nipples, one haz a metal trapezoidal clip on it that held a small foam filter on the vent port while the other went to the lower port of the BBV actuator.

that small line is the one you remove for a full vac actuated setup with no pcm control.

if its triggering instantly at startup then the pcm is seeing a circuit issue...and since ive rarely replaced vac/boost solenoids id lean towards wiring....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info