351 ??

Athangu

Still Trying
Reaction score
I saw a 351 windsor motor for sale I hve a 94 cobra that I would like to try and build a cobra R could I use the motor or just block to make it. What other things would I have to change out?

BANGIN STANG

Reaction score
i have a windsor for sale, and yes it will fit no problem in your car, you will not need to swap anything else as long you arent running an EGR line. If you still have you EGR line on the car you will to weld a about 2 inches to extend it! my motor is complete minus valve covers and oil pan and pick up! ill send you more info if you want it

Ear Rak

Underemployed
Reaction score
i hear stock 302 manifold/headers will not fit with a 351 in an sn95. Also, the intake will be sitting higher, which might not clear your hood.

aod92

Reaction score
You need to change the intake, oil pan, distributer, and headers. And like Ear Rak said probably the hood for clearence issues!

Ear Rak

Underemployed
Reaction score
What is this 351 out of? A truck? if so, i wouldnt bother. Buy a bare block and start from scratch. Granted, you could put a car friendly cam in a truck motor and be fine in theory but truck motor = used and abused.

kweb288

Reaction score
tho he wants to make it a "cobra r" replica so that would work well since it would most likely fit under the double bump cobra r hood.
You should also change out the heads (unless the engine comes with them), what ever you do, do NOT put the 302 heads on the 351, you will choke the crap out of the thing!
I think you may need a different flywheel too, unless your running a auto. Cuase the 351 is balanced differently then the 302

Athangu

Still Trying
Reaction score
I really appreciate all the input. I was planning on getting the cobra R hood for clearence issues and was also planning on getting a new trans set up. My trans has seen its last days I think.

Maniak

Reaction score
I really appreciate all the input. I was planning on getting the cobra R hood for clearence issues and was also planning on getting a new trans set up. My trans has seen its last days I think.
the T5 wont last long with a 351...

ur gonna need a tko or t56

Athangu

Still Trying
Reaction score
Re

Yeah I am in a toss up right now between the TKO or a T-56. Money is really the issue. I think I could settle with a TKO 500. Thanks I really appreciate all the input i can get.

the T5 wont last long with a 351...

ur gonna need a tko or t56

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom