$33,000,000.00 for DACA

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Mar 2, 2004
Bezo's is a fucking idiot.

If he really wants to help, he should donate 33 mil to help build labor camps to put all these DACA "kids" and their parents in. They can then help build the wall while earning $0.35 per week until they save enough for bus ticket back to their own country.

I'm really sick of libs catering to these illegals while fucking over the American people.

Intel

TCG Elite Member
Oct 28, 2009
Palatine
I already know that most here won't agree with me. But these kids going to college is already difficult because they aren't allowed to get student loans/government grants/ most of the other methods that make going to college easy which is fine by me but then don't be mad at what people want to spend their money on. When you have 33 million you can make whatever donation you feel like.

I guess I am just a dumb lib for not wanting to send back a kid who has never lived in mexico/doesn't speak spanish and is a better hard working person in here than a lot of US citizens. I coached kids that I would have never been able to tell unless a teacher told me why they can't go to college easily with a 4.0 gpa.

Make the existing people legal so they can pay taxes actually get the ssn benefits they are probably already paying for under fake ssn's, kick out the criminals, and make it harder to get in. :jg:

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
It's all part of the DACA controversy. Bezos is adding his $.02 (what $33 Mil. is to him).

Trump is pushing back against the DEMs first with the 54 min. video showing both parties agreeing to get something done and then, immediately after the cameras were ejected, the tone changed. Trump is saying the DEMs want to talk about DACA but won't compromise to bring a new bill that would allow them to stay. Facts are Trump tried to trade DACA for the wall and merit immigration and the DEMs said no way. Dick Durbin is reported as wanting more immigration from the "shithole" countries plus DACA. Shows they care more about their own open immigration plans (votes) than they do about the Dreamers.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
It's his money, and he can do with it as he pleases.

But as an American, i would have hoped he'd get something going to help out American people first, considering that is what made him the person he is today.

he's considered one of the lesser charitable super rich folks, he has donated money to other causes though:
https://www.insidephilanthropy.com/guide-to-individual-donors/jeff-bezos.html

besides that it's a false choice to say anyone must/is sacrificing cause x to support cause y. particularly when the shit is pennies to someone like this. if you give $20 to your nephew to go on a mission trip to haiti can i call you out because you did that before completely eliminating homelessness and hunger in chicago?

IZZy

Wheel and tire tycoon
Dec 15, 2007
I'm really sick of libs catering to these illegals while fucking over the American people.

Those two are not mutually exclusive, not sure how you come up with that logic.

Doing something illegal is a choice, a choice these kids were not able to make, not only that but we would be doing the economy more harm than good by removing working productive members of society and deporting them.

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Mar 2, 2004
Spare me the bleeding heart talking point of "these kids didn't have a choice" and "we're removing working members of society".

The average age of these DACA "kids" is 25 years old, with many being older.
DACA kids average age
Even if some of them have jobs and are "productive", they need to be removed so an American can have that job.

They should not benefit from the crimes of their parents. If my parents robbed a bank and eventually the law caught up with them, should I get to keep the stolen money? By using the Democrat's logic, the answer would be "yes".

Besides, the only reason the Dems give a shit about this issue is because these DACA "kids" represent a potential huge new voter base for them. Regular Americans are catching on to the what the Dems really represent (lies, deception, higher taxes, less freedoms, they only care about themselves and will do anything to stay in power). Because of this, they are losing voters and must import new ones from out of the country. The Dems are also using DACA as a huge wedge issue to beat Trump over the head with and to call him a "racist".

If they really cared about DACA, the Dems would make a deal with Trump, but no deal will ever be reached because their entire goal is to "resist Trump" on absolutely everything, no matter how much it hurts people.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
Spare me the bleeding heart talking point of "these kids didn't have a choice" and "we're removing working members of society".

The average age of these DACA "kids" is 25 years old, with many being older.
DACA kids average age

i think the context of izzy is clear in that it was the age at time of crossing.

Even if some of them have jobs and are "productive", they need to be removed so an American can have that job.

in some areas where this has been tried with strict rules (arkansas argriculture) as i recall, it has clearly failed. you also ignore that the immigrants create demand in the economy, if you snapped your fingers and removed 10 million people from the country, you act like it would be a job boom, in reality you just removed 10 million people worth of job creating demand from the economy. your uneconomically justified position is also that an unemployed american is unemployed because an illegal took a job they otherwise might have. this might be the case... like 1% of the time. it is certainly not the reason our unemployment numbers are the way they are, which has more to do with an economy recovering after being structured around a fantasy housing boom. not that unemployment is even bad now. and it's more related to skill gaps for higher value skills, not those taken by illegals, particularly mexican ones.

fredgraph.png

They should not benefit from the crimes of their parents. If my parents robbed a bank and eventually the law caught up with them, should I get to keep the stolen money? By using the Democrat's logic, the answer would be "yes".

and if they came here and used the threat of violence to rob a bank they should be treated appropriately. but don't pretend that's the same as escaping violence and shit opportunity to come here to live in a place with one. adequate punishment could be things like allowing them to stay but as residents rather than citizens, not allowing them to vote or get benefits, having to go through the regular citizenship process in its entirety, etc.

Besides, the only reason the Dems give a shit about this issue is because these DACA "kids" represent a potential huge new voter base for them. Regular Americans are catching on to the what the Dems really represent (lies, deception, higher taxes, less freedoms, they only care about themselves and will do anything to stay in power). Because of this, they are losing voters and must import new ones from out of the country. The Dems are also using DACA as a huge wedge issue to beat Trump over the head with and to call him a "racist".

i'd say this is bullshit as many hispanics have fiscally conservative values - the main thing pushing them away is the republicans stupid hardline immigration stance.

Winning the Hispanic Vote With Conservative Ideas
How Republicans Are Winning Over Hispanic Voters

If they really cared about DACA, the Dems would make a deal with Trump, but no deal will ever be reached because their entire goal is to "resist Trump" on absolutely everything, no matter how much it hurts people.

my understanding is the republicans themselves don't have a main leader for negotiations on this point. and some of trump's ideas are economically and objectively stupid. ie. us protectionism trade policies. i bet the only people that would benefit from building a wall are the construction companies that would build it. i'd be fighting stupid shit like that hard.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
What schools is this paying for? I have no problem with it but i sure as hell hope its to trade schools. We dont need another bullshit liberal arts degree

Doesn't matter, not your money. Your opinion of what someone else does with their money does not matter.

How much have you donated to help students go to trade school? I'm guessing 0.00% of your income, but would love for you to prove me wrong

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2008
The 007
Real Name
Adam Rich
Doesn't matter, not your money. Your opinion of what someone else does with their money does not matter.

How much have you donated to help students go to trade school? I'm guessing 0.00% of your income, but would love for you to prove me wrong

Nope I'm a broke dick cause no one gave me money to go to college cause I am a Caucasian American citizen with family dating back to the 1850's here. So i dont get any free passes

cdh027

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 10, 2004
Sunny Florida
So let's just get this out in the open and make it clear. Is Mexico a shithole or not?

If it wasn't a shithole, then why is everyone trying to escape it and illegally enter the US and break our immigration laws.

And for everyone saying it's his money, he can do what he wants with it, you are missing the point. The point is he is intentionally supporting illegals that broke our laws. That makes them criminals in pretty much 100% of all countries.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
If it wasn't a shithole, then why is everyone trying to escape it and illegally enter the US and break our immigration laws.

And for everyone saying it's his money, he can do what he wants with it, you are missing the point. The point is he is intentionally supporting illegals that broke our laws. That makes them criminals in pretty much 100% of all countries.

and some type of amnesty is the most logical and beneficial act to take at this point. what should we do, spend massive amounts of money rounding up people to jail and send back? like you want to pay $20 billion to shrink our economy $100 billion? ah, but at least we'd follow the law then, and you can feel really good the law was enforced 100%. next we can fine everyone $1000 for going 3 mph above the speed limit, breaking the law and ruining this country.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
So let's just get this out in the open and make it clear. Is Mexico a shithole or not?

of course it's shitty compared to the US. is it shitty because it's a shitty environment holding people back, or is it full of shitty people who would import their shittyness (shittiness?) to the US? if you say it's the latter, i pretty much consider you an asshole who doesn't understand how the government or either country really works or their history.

per the 2016 census people from shitholes are even doing better than some of us awesome white people. even those damn isis members

EthnicIncome2018b-1.png

cdh027

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 10, 2004
Sunny Florida
and some type of amnesty is the most logical and beneficial act to take at this point. what should we do, spend massive amounts of money rounding up people to jail and send back? like you want to pay $20 billion to shrink our economy $100 billion? ah, but at least we'd follow the law then, and you can feel really good the law was enforced 100%. next we can fine everyone $1000 for going 3 mph above the speed limit, breaking the law and ruining this country.

Again you're not getting it. Giving amnesty to criminals tells those on the other side of the border to get to the USA by any means necessary and you wont be prosecuted. That is a horrible liberal idea. Yes spend the money now, take a hit and start moving in the right direction.

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
of course it's shitty compared to the US. is it shitty because it's a shitty environment holding people back, or is it full of shitty people who would import their shittyness (shittiness?) to the US? if you say it's the latter, i pretty much consider you an asshole who doesn't understand how the government or either country really works or their history.

per the 2016 census people from shitholes are even doing better than some of us awesome white people. even those damn isis members

EthnicIncome2018b-1.png

Is "white" defined?

I also feel like those stats are a little misleading depending on how "white" is defined. Folks from India, Taiwan, etc. are much more likely to move to your urban areas where higher average wages are normal, whereas "white" has the vast majority of rural America where average quality of life is achieved with much lower salaries. I think to prove something, the stats would have to be broken out by zip code.

That said...I find all those household incomes absolutely pathetic!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info