$33,000,000.00 for DACA

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
Man you went full retard for no reason I tried to humor you.

between this what i thought was more constructive than normal exchange with you, i think one of us has veered into full retard now.

Yes a fuckton of aid is bloat and unecessary and quite frankly opens the door for fraud and corruption.

So do I think it should be eliminated entirely? Not at all. I understand some aid is necessity more so than an attempt to influence or leverage. Lets just be honest some of it is buying influence.

I dont have problems with people coming over and WORKING and contributing to the US in one shape or another.

I do have a problem with people from "shit hole" countries like Somalia coming over moving to North Dakota claiming the "refugee" card and not doing a damn thing while collecting a govt check, getting free housing, getting EBT and not doing a damn thing else to help the US besides burning up tax payer money on welfare programs.

you say 'claiming the refugee card' as if the reality isn't that they are actually refugees escaping shitholes. it seems ridiculous if you think these people come here simply to be freeloaders and if you think they are able to come and assimilate into the economy without assistance. there are certainly programs that require work to receive aid and programs that try to assist in finding work conditions, iirc refugee assistance programs are only available for a limited amount of years as well.

my former main sales territory was minnesota, which is well known for having the most somalis outside of actual somalia. Somalis finding their place in Minnesota the state itself is doing well. the somalis are hardly there because of the climate being similar to their home - and one of the primary reasons is the availability of jobs. so while you pretend these people are freeloaders, they are here to work and earn their keep. same topic less puff in this local piece. The complicated reality behind the story of the Somali community's success in Minnesota

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
between this what i thought was more constructive than normal exchange with you, i think one of us has veered into full retard now.

you say 'claiming the refugee card' as if the reality isn't that they are actually refugees escaping shitholes. it seems ridiculous if you think these people come here simply to be freeloaders and if you think they are able to come and assimilate into the economy without assistance. there are certainly programs that require work to receive aid and programs that try to assist in finding work conditions, iirc refugee assistance programs are only available for a limited amount of years as well.

my former main sales territory was minnesota, which is well known for having the most somalis outside of actual somalia. Somalis finding their place in Minnesota the state itself is doing well. the somalis are hardly there because of the climate being similar to their home - and one of the primary reasons is the availability of jobs. so while you pretend these people are freeloaders, they are here to work and earn their keep. same topic less puff in this local piece. The complicated reality behind the story of the Somali community's success in Minnesota

Settle the full retard was a bit sarcastic. But led to the usual novel length response no worries it wasnt aimed to be a dick.

The Somali thing is VASTLY different in Minneapolis vs ND. Minneaoolis has lots of low paying textile jobs that are basically do this over and over and over again ok bye punch out when its time to go home. ND not so much especially where I live that town wouldnt exist if it wasnt for the UND college campus and Hospital.

Which leads me to Lutheran Social Services. I wont step foot in the church I got married at ever again for asking for offering to relocate Somalians and feed them an EBT card and set them up with HUD for housing.

Sounds ok if the city can handle the influx. Problem is it couldnt and cant anytime soon. There is little MFG. low paying jobs like fast food and retail and the schools got flooded with kids and the townhouse we were in got run over by 12 people living in a 3 bedroom unit attached to ours. Property owners didnt give a shit they collected a govt hud check each month.

Solution for me personally buy house and move 12 miles out of town and send kids to small farming community school right across the street. Better option all around nothing but farm kids there and at least they can freaking speak english. Can you imagine a teacher trying to teach kindergarden or 1st grade if half the class doesnt speak or understand what she is saying? Thats the way my oldests kindergarten class was like before we moved 12 miles out. Clearly not an environment id want my child going to school in! What is the school to do? Cant turn the kids away so it slows down learning to almost a halt when the kids dont understand simple verbal direction because of the language barrier.

Friends and family arent so lucky to be able to move out or send kids to a different school meanwhile they deal with the somali overrun.

So yes the refugees from the "shit hole" country is in fact only providing more of a strain on the community. Hell at least when the mexicans come up its for harvest season as farm help then they all leave again! See difference is the mexicans work!

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
Settle the full retard was a bit sarcastic. But led to the usual novel length response no worries it wasnt aimed to be a dick.

The Somali thing is VASTLY different in Minneapolis vs ND. Minneaoolis has lots of low paying textile jobs that are basically do this over and over and over again ok bye punch out when its time to go home. ND not so much especially where I live that town wouldnt exist if it wasnt for the UND college campus and Hospital.

Which leads me to Lutheran Social Services. I wont step foot in the church I got married at ever again for asking for offering to relocate Somalians and feed them an EBT card and set them up with HUD for housing.

Sounds ok if the city can handle the influx. Problem is it couldnt and cant anytime soon. There is little MFG. low paying jobs like fast food and retail and the schools got flooded with kids and the townhouse we were in got run over by 12 people living in a 3 bedroom unit attached to ours. Property owners didnt give a shit they collected a govt hud check each month.

Solution for me personally buy house and move 12 miles out of town and send kids to small farming community school right across the street. Better option all around nothing but farm kids there and at least they can freaking speak english. Can you imagine a teacher trying to teach kindergarden or 1st grade if half the class doesnt speak or understand what she is saying? Thats the way my oldests kindergarten class was like before we moved 12 miles out. Clearly not an environment id want my child going to school in! What is the school to do? Cant turn the kids away so it slows down learning to almost a halt when the kids dont understand simple verbal direction because of the language barrier.

Friends and family arent so lucky to be able to move out or send kids to a different school meanwhile they deal with the somali overrun.

note the mn somalis do work in health care (big industry in the state) as well as being entrepeneurial starting their own businesses. if your area doesn't have a lot going on for it, i guess my question would be why somalis are located there in the first place? i'm not sure how the settlement program works, i think it's something along the lines of helping people stay in a community that is a part of the program and welcomes them in, and then after some amount of time are free to move anywhere? in any case, if there are limited opportunities where you are at in ND, why are there many there in the first place?

why are you so offended your church would ask for help or offer to help somalis? isn't part of the church's role to help people in need, regardless of where they were born or where lines are drawn between countries on the planet?

the classroom is certainly a problem if half your students can't speak english. a problem that fixes itself with time for immigrants but hopefully your school has found a way to adapt and better handle the situation than slowing things down for half of the class because of where the other half is at.

So yes the refugees from the "shit hole" country is in fact only providing more of a strain on the community. Hell at least when the mexicans come up its for harvest season as farm help then they all leave again! See difference is the mexicans work!

note that one of the theories about stricter border control is it made mexicans stay. ie. rather than a revolving door where they came up for work, made their money, and went back home - making it back to the US again was made so much more difficult that they stopped going home entirely and just decided to stay. ie. strict border to prevent illegal immigration actually increased illegal immigration.

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
note the mn somalis do work in health care (big industry in the state) as well as being entrepeneurial starting their own businesses. if your area doesn't have a lot going on for it, i guess my question would be why somalis are located there in the first place? i'm not sure how the settlement program works, i think it's something along the lines of helping people stay in a community that is a part of the program and welcomes them in, and then after some amount of time are free to move anywhere? in any case, if there are limited opportunities where you are at in ND, why are there many there in the first place?

why are you so offended your church would ask for help or offer to help somalis? isn't part of the church's role to help people in need, regardless of where they were born or where lines are drawn between countries on the planet?

the classroom is certainly a problem if half your students can't speak english. a problem that fixes itself with time for immigrants but hopefully your school has found a way to adapt and better handle the situation than slowing things down for half of the class because of where the other half is at.

note that one of the theories about stricter border control is it made mexicans stay. ie. rather than a revolving door where they came up for work, made their money, and went back home - making it back to the US again was made so much more difficult that they stopped going home entirely and just decided to stay. ie. strict border to prevent illegal immigration actually increased illegal immigration.

Lutheran Social Services is state and i believe federally subsidized aswell to bring workers into the state. Problem is they apparently dont recognize the over run. Coming into the state is one thing but not dispursing to where the jobs are is the true issue. Why would they leave the few concentrated population areas to move to the small towns where the labor is needed for fertalizer plants, sugar beet plants, grain elevators or mills when they get a free govt check to live in the city?

As for me its where family is at to help support wife and kids while im gone. Wife works at the hospital in pediactrics and ive clawed my way into a full time federal technician position thats fulltime for the National Guard. Its wage grade on govt scale so it pays way better than say a local dealership would ever dream of paying me. Neither me or my wife have easy jobs to get into although both can relocate pretty easily. Again not much family can say the same.

Most of the mexicans that do farm help return to texas or mexico after harvest. Some do stay but they too collect unemploymemt all winter until winter is over and start planting again. Then by harvest the rest of their family comes back up to clear fields and then disappear just as soon as the crop is off.

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Christian Charities Profit from Muslim Refugee Resettlement

a. $1,850 per refugee (including children) from the State Department.

b. Up to $2,200 for each refugee by participating in a U.S. DHHS program known as Matching Grant. To get the $2,200, the Volag need only show it spent $200 and gave away $800 worth of donated clothes, furniture, or cars.

c. The Volag pockets 25 percent of every transportation loan it collects from refugees it “sponsors”.

d. All Volag expenses and overhead in the Washington, DC HQ are paid by the U.S. government.

e. For their refugee programs, Volags collect money from all federal grant programs – “Marriage Initiative,” “Faith-based,” “Ownership Society etc., as well as from various state and local grants.

Non profit my ass

https://refugeeresettlementwatch.wo...onsible-for-the-somali-chaos-in-st-cloud/amp/

CEO made over 440k

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
Lutheran Social Services is state and i believe federally subsidized aswell to bring workers into the state. Problem is they apparently dont recognize the over run. Coming into the state is one thing but not dispursing to where the jobs are is the true issue. Why would they leave the few concentrated population areas to move to the small towns where the labor is needed for fertalizer plants, sugar beet plants, grain elevators or mills when they get a free govt check to live in the city?

As for me its where family is at to help support wife and kids while im gone. Wife works at the hospital in pediactrics and ive clawed my way into a full time federal technician position thats fulltime for the National Guard. Its wage grade on govt scale so it pays way better than say a local dealership would ever dream of paying me. Neither me or my wife have easy jobs to get into although both can relocate pretty easily. Again not much family can say the same.

Most of the mexicans that do farm help return to texas or mexico after harvest. Some do stay but they too collect unemploymemt all winter until winter is over and start planting again. Then by harvest the rest of their family comes back up to clear fields and then disappear just as soon as the crop is off.

sounds like those are legal mexicans to me?

looking at ND, 2016 article:

Of the five states that accept the most refugees per capita, three are low-population states with less than 1 million residents, according to 2014 census figures: North Dakota, South Dakota and Vermont. The other two states in the top five are Nebraska and Idaho.

Minnesota took in the eighth-most refugees per capita in the recent two-year period — 77 per 100,000 residents.

North Dakota currently takes in more refugees per capita than any other state: “Over roughly the past two years, no state has taken in more refugees per capita than North Dakota, a distinction the mayor of the state’s largest city said should inspire pride.”

Although North Dakota has not received the largest number of refugees total, in the fiscal year 2014 through this August, it has taken in almost three times as many per capita (135 per 100,000) as states like Texas (45 per 100,000), which during that period took a total of 13,000.

i don't think your problem is 'somalis are lazy and won't work', the problem seems to be the area is bringing in more that it can easily integrate and absorb. lutheran social services surely gets paid something for each one they place - i'd say the problem seems less about 'bad somalis' and more about bad refugee program management.

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
see links in above post.

damn straight they get paid for each they place. And its abuse of the govt systems like i said why would they go work of they can live in the city and collect a free govt check?

The blatant corruption and asking for my wallet is why I will never step foot in the church i was married in because of their affliliation with LSS.

I expect the 33 million dollar hand out from Bezos to end up with the same type of crooked programs.

cdh027

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 10, 2004
Sunny Florida
Sickmint, you proved my point. You are an egomaniac. My brother is the same way. My other brothers and I haven't spoken with him in over a decade. It's your opinion that matters and everyone else is wrong. I should have inserted "in today's political climate" amnesty would be political suicide for the republicans. I'll insert a disclaimer saying that is my opinion and not fact since politics can be tricky. I know you'll reply with something witty.

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
When sickmint goes on his bizarre long typed rants it isn't even really him. There is no doubt he wrote a software bot to endlessly argue on forums.

Either that or he has aspergers. In which case I'm sorry for giving crap, I was not aware.

https://www.autismspeaks.org/what-autism/asperger-syndrome

The following behaviors are often associated with Asperger syndrome. However, they are seldom all present in any one individual and vary widely in degree:

• limited or inappropriate social interactions
• "robotic" or repetitive speech
• challenges with nonverbal communication (gestures, facial expression, etc.) coupled with average to above average verbal skills
• tendency to discuss self rather than others
• inability to understand social/emotional issues or nonliteral phrases
• lack of eye contact or reciprocal conversation
• obsession with specific, often unusual, topics
• one-sided conversations

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
thread slides more and more towards this...

hqdefault.jpg

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
you are ignoring the point i was making that people still worked, as well as bought things and created demand, while jason claimed they simply stole from your fridge and ate on your couch.

Errr, actually immigrant households have significantly higher use of wealthfare rates than native citizens.

https://cis.org/Report/Welfare-Use-Immigrant-and-Native-Households

Welfare use is high for both new arrivals and well-established immigrants. Of households headed by immigrants who have been in the country for more than two decades, 48 percent access welfare.

No single program explains immigrants' higher overall welfare use. For example, not counting subsidized school lunch, welfare use is still 46 percent for immigrants and 28 percent for natives. Not counting Medicaid, welfare use is 44 percent for immigrants and 26 percent for natives.

Immigrant households have much higher use of food programs (40 percent vs. 22 percent for natives) and Medicaid (42 percent vs. 23 percent). Immigrant use of cash programs is somewhat higher than natives (12 percent vs. 10 percent) and use of housing programs is similar to natives.

Welfare use varies among immigrant groups. Households headed by immigrants from Central America and Mexico (73 percent), the Caribbean (51 percent), and Africa (48 percent) have the highest overall welfare use. Those from East Asia (32 percent), Europe (26 percent), and South Asia (17 percent) have the lowest.

That said, I can argue that they are causing people to talk about a $15/hr minimum wage etc. instead of there being a gap in demand that causes wages to naturally rise. When you're importing millions of workers it has an effect on the unskilled labor market.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info