$33,000,000.00 for DACA

Intel

TCG Elite Member
Oct 28, 2009
Palatine
No, it isn't surprising but I think that the rest of the statement would be surprising to many (including some in this thread based on previous comments) as the narrative being put out there by the media and DACA supporters is that they "kids" are highly patriotic, continuing education, and are assets to the country. The data paints a different picture.

I mean I don't disagree. It was disheartening to watch some of the kids I coached who had dreams of going to college unable to do so because they simply couldn't get scholarships as there are very few for undocumented citizens and to get those is highly competitive. The one is about to finish college next year though but he basically had a perfect 4.0 to get a scholarship.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
I mean I don't disagree. It was disheartening to watch some of the kids I coached who had dreams of going to college unable to do so because they simply couldn't get scholarships as there are very few for undocumented citizens and to get those is highly competitive. The one is about to finish college next year though but he basically had a perfect 4.0 to get a scholarship.

Where I give Bezos flack is why DACA recipients specifically? He mentioned his immigrant father as the reasoning, but why not fund LEGAL immigrants who came here to better themselves and want to get a higher education. If I was a legal immigrant that came to this country, I'd kind of feel disenfranchised by whats going on from a fairness standpoint.

IZZy

Wheel and tire tycoon
Dec 15, 2007
Quit the bullshit. You cannot find a political candidate to support that aligns with every single one of your beliefs.

If people want to cry that anyone that votes for someone is instantly associated with all of that person's logic, then they need to take a deep look at themselves and who they are voting for in their life.

Not saying you're specifically are doing it, but people playing the "all of Trump's supporters are racist and deplorable" are one of the biggest driving forces of Trump winning last year...

It’s not bullshit it’s very real, while I don’t necessarily subscribe to that logic I am convinced many do, the ignorance on both sides of the isle is astounding.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
All the Dreamers are is bargaining chips to both parties. DEMS want them for the votes and REPs want to use them to balance out the wall and merit immigration. Trump even threw in "earmarks" at the meeting saying there was a chance they could be brought back in an improved method to prevent corruption. That was basically a bribe aimed in the DEM and far right REP directions. He really does want a compromise bill as long as it contains the wall and his other immigration ideas. Both sides are acting like they agree in public and pulling the same don't give anything crap in private. Dick Durbin is leading the way.

IZZy

Wheel and tire tycoon
Dec 15, 2007
No, it isn't surprising but I think that the rest of the statement would be surprising to many (including some in this thread based on previous comments) as the narrative being put out there by the media and DACA supporters is that these "kids" are highly patriotic, continuing education, and are assets to the country. The data paints a different picture.

BS

did you just define patriotism by looking at who continues their education and enrolls in the military?

If so we have a lot of unpatriotic folks in America

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
It’s not bullshit it’s very real, while I don’t necessarily subscribe to that logic I am convinced many do, the ignorance on both sides of the isle is astounding.

Just because it is real, doesn't make it not bullshit. If someone wants to label me a racist, misogynist, homophobic, bigot, white supremacist, wants all Mexicans deported, etc., etc....based on my vote for Trump instead of my own personal beliefs, then they can go cry in their safe room.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
BS

did you just define patriotism by looking at who continues their education and enrolls in the military?

If so we have a lot of unpatriotic folks in America

No, but thanks for cherry picking my statement.

Let me put it like this - If I walked into your home through an unlocked door, started eating your food, drinking your water, and slept on your couch; would you welcome me with open arms? That's essentially what every illegal immigrant has done to the US.

VenomousDSG

Don't Tread On Me
TCG Premium
Apr 30, 2006
Yorkville, il

Let me put it like this - If I walked into your home through an unlocked door, started eating your food, drinking your water, and slept on your couch; would you welcome me with open arms? That's essentially what every illegal immigrant has done to the US.

Don't forget raiding the homeowners bank account too....

MrDragster1970

TCG Elite Member
Dec 18, 2011
RT 66 area

Again, what kind of liberal leech loser gives money to a POS proven criminal!!!
I don't care how they became a criminal, they are still criminals!!!

That being said, it is none of our damn business what anyone does with their dough, it's theirs and they can burn it if they wants to!!!
What we can do is not give him our hard earned dough to hand to criminals!!!

We can also expect our so called leaders to follow the damn law, and not decide which law they will or will not follow!!!!

If he wants to actually help these kids that became criminals because of their POS criminal parents,
he should hire them lawyers to follow the law and apply for proper paperwork!!!

In my book, it is insane that any criminal can walk onto any government property,
get a check, services, ?? and walk away free as a bird.
If I was a wanted criminal, I could not walk into school day after day,
I could not walk into the DMV and get a license, I could not sit on my ass and get a check mailed to me!!!!!!!

Yes, it is absolutely none of our business what anyone does with anything that's theirs,
but it is absolutely insane that any proven criminal is not only walking around free, but also collecting all the services they do!!!!

I'm a 2 tour Veteran, and nobody is handing me or sending me jack shit for free!!!!!

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
No, Amnesty did fail because it created precedence. The border being porous was a problem, but the border will always have leaks and people will get by unless you are talking about putting landmines and the US Military at the Southern border much like the DMZ in North/South Korea.

sickmint79 said:
here's how you get less illegals, particularly from mexico:

1. patrol the border for new ones
2. help mexico be less shitty - primarily through trade and policy directives

I have never seen that position posted and I would have agreed with you. Where we disagree is the amnesty idea.

awkwaaaard there's a thread where you are (poorly) claiming i'm a devil's advocate, on immigration, where i quote and respond directly to you, and show you years of history of me saying the same thing: it's this post right here

in the post right above it i don't propose but claim that simply taking the money we'd spend on a wall and using it to improve mexico would likely curb more illegal immigrants than any change in wall. i'm sure i've made the point in regards to immigration flows based on improving mexican/declining us economies too, as well as commented on that marbles video that the solution is to improve economies back in the countries people try to escape from. i've certainly said people come here for economic opportunity, they'd certainly be much more likely to stay home should they have it, rather than condemning their kids to grow up in the poverty they had to endure.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
All the Dreamers are is bargaining chips to both parties. DEMS want them for the votes and REPs want to use them to balance out the wall and merit immigration. Trump even threw in "earmarks" at the meeting saying there was a chance they could be brought back in an improved method to prevent corruption. That was basically a bribe aimed in the DEM and far right REP directions. He really does want a compromise bill as long as it contains the wall and his other immigration ideas. Both sides are acting like they agree in public and pulling the same don't give anything crap in private. Dick Durbin is leading the way.

there is no reason to think dems even own their votes as i pointed out they share a lot of fiscally conservative values. you are acting like illegal mexicans are SJWs or something. the only reason they'd reflexively not vote republican is because they keep getting attacked by them. besides, you don't have to let them vote ever as part of the bill. or make them wait 20 years. after which we should have hopefully actually controlled our border, and any failure would be a bipartisan failure of government to do so. then what, you think this person is going to be a lifelong dem for that "favor"? give me a break.

lol yeah right. more like you stopped paying bill $30 to mow your lawn, jose did it for $15, he spent $8 at mcdonald's who need another person on shift now so they hired your kid.

zenriddles

Guns don't kill people, 'vaccines' do
Aug 18, 2005
Holiday Inn
sidenote.

I love seeing all the pre-2007 join dates.

CSVT Legacy - Rock on! The only way possible to get the early dates, I believe.

Those Pontiac Libby's - yeah - just be nice and tolerate them, they weren't that bright in the first place.... (TIC)

:)

Edit - Jason, Izzy, - I remember you at CSVT, you are grandfathered in as Blue Blooded.

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
there is no reason to think dems even own their votes as i pointed out they share a lot of fiscally conservative values. you are acting like illegal mexicans are SJWs or something. the only reason they'd reflexively not vote republican is because they keep getting attacked by them. besides, you don't have to let them vote ever as part of the bill. or make them wait 20 years. after which we should have hopefully actually controlled our border, and any failure would be a bipartisan failure of government to do so. then what, you think this person is going to be a lifelong dem for that "favor"? give me a break.

lol yeah right. more like you stopped paying bill $30 to mow your lawn, jose did it for $15, he spent $8 at mcdonald's who need another person on shift now so they hired your kid.

Err, the reason Jose mows your lawn for 15 instead of 30 is that when you're working as an illegal immigrant minimum wage doesn't really apply so you can get away with paying less. Why do you think big name companies will break the law to hire people that are here illegally? 7-11 is nothing new, Tyson got busted for this. Their upper level management knew it was going on. Not someone I'd personally have my kid working for.

Relying on the shifting winds of politics for solid border control is dumb. In 10 years we'll be having this conversation again if that's the case. Another open borders president in office is not an if but a when proposition. A wall is not assurance people won't try to get in or even succeed, but it's far better than the word of a politician. "Give me some immigration today for a wall on Tuesday" Seems to be the rallying cries of the amnesty people.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
C'mon man, give it a rest. You cant possibly be so egotistical to think you have all the answers.

no jason's example is clearly right - illegals came here and just robbed our houses. they didn't work for their money. clearly his analogy is far more correct than mine. :rollpicard:

when you claim amnesty is impossible and i point out to you it's been done 7 times in my lifetime already, i don't do it because of my ego, i do it because you're acting like you're qualified to give an opinion and i'm going to berate you for not even doing the most casual research on the topic. i expect the same treatment of myself when i make a mistake that off the mark.

Err, the reason Jose mows your lawn for 15 instead of 30 is that when you're working as an illegal immigrant minimum wage doesn't really apply so you can get away with paying less. Why do you think big name companies will break the law to hire people that are here illegally? 7-11 is nothing new, Tyson got busted for this. Their upper level management knew it was going on. Not someone I'd personally have my kid working for.

you are ignoring the point i was making that people still worked, as well as bought things and created demand, while jason claimed they simply stole from your fridge and ate on your couch.

Relying on the shifting winds of politics for solid border control is dumb. In 10 years we'll be having this conversation again if that's the case. Another open borders president in office is not an if but a when proposition. A wall is not assurance people won't try to get in or even succeed, but it's far better than the word of a politician. "Give me some immigration today for a wall on Tuesday" Seems to be the rallying cries of the amnesty people.

your "well at least we'll have some kind of wall" argument would be valid if it were free. inherent in your argument is that there is positive ROI for the country for the 20-70 billion build + annual maintenance costs.

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
no jason's example is clearly right - illegals came here and just robbed our houses. they didn't work for their money. clearly his analogy is far more correct than mine. :rollpicard:

when you claim amnesty is impossible and i point out to you it's been done 7 times in my lifetime already, i don't do it because of my ego, i do it because you're acting like you're qualified to give an opinion and i'm going to berate you for not even doing the most casual research on the topic. i expect the same treatment of myself when i make a mistake that off the mark.

you are ignoring the point i was making that people still worked, as well as bought things and created demand, while jason claimed they simply stole from your fridge and ate on your couch.

your "well at least we'll have some kind of wall" argument would be valid if it were free. inherent in your argument is that there is positive ROI for the country for the 20-70 billion build + annual maintenance costs.

For the wall thing it would cost the US nothing additional if we we stop the aide money the US gives "shithole" countries and instead spent it on the wall!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...e3c47e-f264-11e7-b3bf-ab90a706e175_story.html

Its 33 bn over a decade in cost for the wall while the US spent 58 bn in just 2015 alone in foreign aid.

Trump threat to cut US aid: Deterrent or hot air? | Jerusalem News | Al Jazeera

The hell with 33bn over a decade for a wall we should be able to shit that out in 1 year budget by cutting foreign aid.

That wall cost is fucking peanuts

Thats step 1.

Step 2. spend the next years worth of "shithole countries" foreign aid budget on our own infrastructure.

:io:

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
so if we stop giving money to israel (which we won't) and build a wall along the mexican border, that means israel paid for the wall? funny, my taxes are still the same...

Ok on 2nd thought I'll play stupid with you for a minute.

Does it matter where the money goes after you paid taxes?

Id like to see some benefit from the taxes I pay. Dont you?

Do you see a benefit directly by the US paying billions in aid?

Lets say we give Israel 30 BN in aid. That moneys gone you paid taxes on it the US shipped it away poof to never be seen again.

US negative 30 BN it was sent to Israel for aid.

Then a god damn fucking miracle happens! Israel sends a gift to the US of 30 BN for a boarder wall along Mexico for the US. Well call it the Great Israeli Mexico Boarder Wall. Didnt cost the US a damn cent.

Cool Budget gain 30 BN. (back to zero balance) to build the GIMBW total dent to the US wallet Zero that money was already poof gone to Israel in aid but hey!! Now we got a big beautiful GIMBW wall in return to look at!

:s00ls:

Classic rob Peter to pay Paul? Nahh Fuck Peter Paul needs that wall. :rofl:

Only got X amount of money to go around might as well stop sending it to them "shit hole" countires and instead find a way to better our own.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
Ok on 2nd thought I'll play stupid with you for a minute.

i don't know of another way to interpret your previous comments.

Does it matter where the money goes after you paid taxes?

Id like to see some benefit from the taxes I pay. Dont you?

Do you see a benefit directly by the US paying billions in aid?

i consider the aid a completely independent topic from the wall. so the question is simply whether foreign aid is worth it. but that is divided into multiple categories. some is military aid. some is humanitarian aid. etc etc. so i think it would be silly to condemn it all. i also don't need or expect to personally benefit when providing something like humanitarian aid to a devastated part of the world. i would be happy enough if it was spent wisely on curbing suffering in horrible places in the world. even within a category there's different levels of use and efficiency that we would all find acceptable or not. if 95% of funds are put towards a new multi-bid power plant for all people, then i think many people can support it. if 50% of funds went to corrupt government officials, and 50% went into a no bid contract build out of a power plant, and the power plant only provided power to the voting based of political allies in government, then i think we'd all have a problem with it.

Lets say we give Israel 30 BN in aid. That moneys gone you paid taxes on it the US shipped it away poof to never be seen again.

US negative 30 BN it was sent to Israel for aid.

Then a god damn fucking miracle happens! Israel sends a gift to the US of 30 BN for a boarder wall along Mexico for the US. Well call it the Great Israeli Mexico Boarder Wall. Didnt cost the US a damn cent.

Cool Budget gain 30 BN. (back to zero balance) to build the GIMBW total dent to the US wallet Zero that money was already poof gone to Israel in aid but hey!! Now we got a big beautiful GIMBW wall in return to look at!

your prior posts implied US cutting aid, while your example above is the US receiving new aid. i'll say i certainly don't think israel needs 30 billion of US military aid off the bat. nonetheless, they certainly aren't going to be offering 30b back for us to build a wall.

aid actually pledged to the US is humanitarian, ie. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_response_to_Hurricane_Katrina

you will find that much of this aid went uncollected. i think this is partially because we are wealthier than most of the places pledging things, although it's certainly in part due to government inefficiency and incompetency on collecting and coordinating the aid: Most Katrina Aid From Overseas Went Unclaimed

Only got X amount of money to go around might as well stop sending it to them "shit hole" countires and instead find a way to better our own.

if you are looking at curbing immigration, you wouldn't want to stop developmental aid to shithole mexico. the more development they have, the less a reason they have to come over here. mexican gdp growth being a stable 3% would do more to curb immigration than a wall ever would.

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Man you went full retard for no reason I tried to humor you.

Yes a fuckton of aid is bloat and unecessary and quite frankly opens the door for fraud and corruption.

So do I think it should be eliminated entirely? Not at all. I understand some aid is necessity more so than an attempt to influence or leverage. Lets just be honest some of it is buying influence.

I dont have problems with people coming over and WORKING and contributing to the US in one shape or another.

I do have a problem with people from "shit hole" countries like Somalia coming over moving to North Dakota claiming the "refugee" card and not doing a damn thing while collecting a govt check, getting free housing, getting EBT and not doing a damn thing else to help the US besides burning up tax payer money on welfare programs.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info