• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

$300 alignment ahhhhhh!!!!

cobravenom39

GTL>FLA
Mar 1, 2004
I have had a bad vibration from my front end for a while now, even though I just got an alignment 800 miles ago. The front end rattles like shit at 80mph so I decide I'll just take it in for another alignment, since I have free lifetime over at Firestone. I drop it off and tell them to do the alignment and a balance, and they call me an hour later and tell me my front wheel hub bearings are shot!!!!! He tells me it will be 380 with my Enterprise discount and I told him I'd call him back. I called my buddy and he said he'd charge $200, so I knew $380 wasn't out of the ballbark. I talked em down to $300 with the balance and gave em the go head. I'm kinda happy, though, because the front end vibe is GONE.

Rant off

cobraj

TCG Elite Member
Feb 7, 2005
I just had mine done Thursday. It took me 3 shops to find one that I could get on the rack. One of the owners at the Ford dealer in McHenry said he was going to get a new rack so he wouldnt have to turn away business anymore. I ended up going to a small alignment shop in town that works on road race vettes. They did a nice job, I was able to stand there the whole time and charged me $100.

trueblue01gt

cammed and blown
Nov 25, 2005
my local dealer charged me $60

it would have been 50 but they charged a little more because it took 30 minutes longer because they had to take off my pass side cc plate because it was set up wrong

but after all the work it took to get my lowerd car on the rack they also asked me to never come back again :confused:

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
$60 - $80 for the alignment, $60 each wheel for bearings and hub nuts and the rest is labor for pulling the rotors to install the bearings.

Andy, check with the shop to see if they used new hub nuts. They are supposed to be one time use only. You can reuse the nuts if they're not coming apart but it's a better idea to replace them.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info