$300 alignment ahhhhhh!!!!

cobravenom39

GTL>FLA
Reaction score
I have had a bad vibration from my front end for a while now, even though I just got an alignment 800 miles ago. The front end rattles like shit at 80mph so I decide I'll just take it in for another alignment, since I have free lifetime over at Firestone. I drop it off and tell them to do the alignment and a balance, and they call me an hour later and tell me my front wheel hub bearings are shot!!!!! He tells me it will be 380 with my Enterprise discount and I told him I'd call him back. I called my buddy and he said he'd charge $200, so I knew $380 wasn't out of the ballbark. I talked em down to $300 with the balance and gave em the go head. I'm kinda happy, though, because the front end vibe is GONE.

Rant off

Mr. Unknown

Reaction score
Sucks shelling out $$$ for parts that don't make the car go faster. lol

cobraj

Reaction score
I just had mine done Thursday. It took me 3 shops to find one that I could get on the rack. One of the owners at the Ford dealer in McHenry said he was going to get a new rack so he wouldnt have to turn away business anymore. I ended up going to a small alignment shop in town that works on road race vettes. They did a nice job, I was able to stand there the whole time and charged me $100.

trueblue01gt

cammed and blown
Reaction score
my local dealer charged me $60

it would have been 50 but they charged a little more because it took 30 minutes longer because they had to take off my pass side cc plate because it was set up wrong

but after all the work it took to get my lowerd car on the rack they also asked me to never come back again :confused:

Since 1964

Reaction score
Mine were both done last year. :crying: :crying:

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
$60 - $80 for the alignment, $60 each wheel for bearings and hub nuts and the rest is labor for pulling the rotors to install the bearings.

Andy, check with the shop to see if they used new hub nuts. They are supposed to be one time use only. You can reuse the nuts if they're not coming apart but it's a better idea to replace them.

sfkarp

Reaction score
How many miles do you have on your car? You would think bearings would last a while.

dohc97

resident mexican
Reaction score
Mustang front bearings dont last very long, i had to replace mine on the v6 stang about 3 times in 2 years. The cobra i replaced them once, I have done quite a few at the shop as well so i know its a very common problem.

Mystic Terminator

Reaction score
Flyn high again said:
Andy, check with the shop to see if they used new hub nuts. They are supposed to be one time use only. You can reuse the nuts if they're not coming apart but it's a better idea to replace them.
I'll give 10 to 1 odds they did not replace them.

Fast99Snake

track rat
Reaction score
if u look at any guys who drive their cars hard at the track they replace them at least once a year as regular maintenance if they dont fail before then

hell i know mikes car has a bad wheel bearing and its only got 15kish miles and he drives like my grandma :lmao:

VenomInside

Just Grazing
Reaction score
as we all know.. you have to pay to play :)

Sorry to hear andy but at least its fixed :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom