• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

3.93 gears

bikrboy128

Some say.....
Reaction score
is it possible that my car has 3.93 gearing? i didnt do anything to my trans since i've owned the car (except change trans fluid). i was poking around on a snapon solus scanner and it told me i had a gear ratio of 3.93. i know our gears are 2.9, or do i have 2 things confused?

i did post in the tech questions section, but no one answered. this is really bugging me.

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Reaction score
is it possible that my car has 3.93 gearing? i didnt do anything to my trans since i've owned the car (except change trans fluid). i was poking around on a snapon solus scanner and it told me i had a gear ratio of 3.93. i know our gears are 2.9, or do i have 2 things confused?

i did post in the tech questions section, but no one answered. this is really bugging me.
[/b]
you dont have 3.93 gearing

bikrboy128

Some say.....
Reaction score
then why does the scanner say i have a gear ratio of 3.93. its a $6,000 scanner, i have a hard time believing its wrong.

could i just be tuned to the wrong gears?

syP

Not Banned
Reaction score
floor it in first gear

if it shifts INTO 2nd anywhere above 40mph, you dont have 3.93 gears

(you should shift into 2nd at 52mph, which is the stock 2.93 gearing)

bikrboy128

Some say.....
Reaction score
ok, i have 2.9 gears. my car shifts around 50MPH. so i guess im just tuned to the wrong gear ratio....?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom